• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anybody got one of these

Thanks, the tank is on a desk in my office. Wonder if maybe I can find something that will span the tank to sit the brackets on that won't look to ugly.

I've got the Boyu fixture, which is pretty much exactly the same thing. I've just has a quick prod at it and found that if you cut a couple of little retaining notches off the ends of the runners the legs stand on, you'll easily be able to stand it on a 45cm tank. The legs might sit slightly proud of the edge of the light, I'm not sure, but they're perfectly capable of supporting the light.

Nice one mate thanks..maybe worth investing. I have 2 t 8's at the minute because I can't keep knock one off, it's a dual control which I got as part of a set up I bought for the other equipment.

Don't expect them to be super bright. Having said that, I am only using crappy £1 bulbs. They look the part and do their job very well for the price, however.

Don't expect them to be super bright.
Sounds ok to me. At the moment I have 2x15w over just under 5gall :eek: 6 watts per G. This heat wave is also not helping. The tanks sitting at 28 degrees, a lot of the heat coming from the lights. Using plenty of duck weed cover to keep the brightness down. You would have thought there was something you could put in one of the bulb holders so that the other one would still work if one bulb broke.
Maybe I should look into getting a decent sized clip on light. This tank will be getting broke down as soon as the shrimp are big enough to go in my main tank. I have a cube which also needs a light that I'm setting up next. Makes sense to get something that fits both.

I got one of these from the same seller that you linked to. The unit you get is a Boyu one that has the rubber protection over the switches and sealed UK plug.

Actually I think someone was selling one of these on here recently and had modified it to go on a longer tank?

I did see that Dave, it was roughly the same price to buy new unless there is a bit of haggle room. I'm undecided at the moment. I've been looking at some of the LED type clip on lights at the same time. My current clear seal tank is 45cm wide and the cube I will be eventually changing to is 30cm wide. I guess a clip on that will do for now on the clear seal but would be the right amount of lighting for the cube. I have been looking at the APS ones, not sure how it works with LED lighting from what's classed as bright standpoint. The 64 led one I linked would probably be about the right size though I think! Anyone have any recommendations?

Back