• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Bulky two pin plug on 18w light.

kirk

Hi all.:) we've recently upgraded our sons tank to an aquaqube40. The plug along withe the adaptor and timer is no way going to stay in a wall socket.:( looking at the size of the plug/box I'm guessing that there is a transformer inside therefore I cannot just cut it off and put a 3 pin UK plug on the cable? How have you got around this if its possible ? Thanks kirk.

This is the problem:(
uretumy9.jpg

va5azu8u.jpg
. As I'm no sparky here's the spec on lamp plug.cheers kirk.

Ive got the same issue with my dennerle light as a quick fix ive just used cable ties to hold it into the plug bar

Yes mafoo strait in and its a heavy one. I did see those on eBay I just think its too sticky outy from wall for our boys room. Dr Rob that looks like an option:) or its sell it and buy an led clip on:).

Try contacting Aquaone to see if they have a three pin version. I have a few bits of Aquaone stuff and none of it ever came with a two pin plug.

Did it come with an adaptor or did you have to by one?

Hi davem, it was a second hand buy and yes I did have to buy an adaptor for it. :)

Back