• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Yeah, I know what you mean, it may well be too much but with trimming I'm hoping to keep it lighter there. I'd quite like the planting to be darker green to balance each side of the tank also. I also think the anubias would struggle across the crack as its quite high up and bright there....I may have issues with algae on the very slow grower.
Cheerio
Ady

Fair enough. I'm sure it'll find a happy balance.

Very very nice
Thanks Tim :)
Fair enough. I'm sure it'll find a happy balance.
Hopefully!
Never say never regards the anubias, they would act as a link from each side of the tank and would work visually, something to keep in mind for sure if that bolbitis gets a bit overbearing. It would be like embracing that rock rather than subduing it :) it would have to be in the future anyway, I think the Mrs would give me a bat if I spent any more on tanks and plants just now!!

Cheers
Ady

very very impressive mate I must say love the scape and the plant choices looking forward to watching this mature :clap: very professional

Dean

Hey ady, excellent delivery mate, going to great to watch this grow in, even though it looks almost complete already. If the bolbitus is a bit of a handful, chopping all the leaves off and using new single leaves or just a few works well and tend to remain small as the leaves dont need to get bigger while jostling for light.
I really like the feel of the scape and quite jealous about adding cory's, wanted some for a long time but didnt fit my loose 'asian' theme. Worth having a gander on rareaquatics, some lovely ones on there and a handful of varieties cheaper than the extortionate prices some LFS charge for basic cory's.
Standard tiger shrimp in there could look awesome and make a few quid breeding to boot ;)
Subscribed for the journey.

Looking lovely.
And very fizzy just now :) thanks Lindy.
very very impressive mate I must say love the scape and the plant choices looking forward to watching this mature :clap: very professional

Dean
Not sure about professional mate, but a lot of fun :) I really can't wait to get it all running properly, the flow patterns set and then watch it develop......then there's the fish and shrimp :)
Hey ady, excellent delivery mate, going to great to watch this grow in, even though it looks almost complete already. If the bolbitus is a bit of a handful, chopping all the leaves off and using new single leaves or just a few works well and tend to remain small as the leaves dont need to get bigger while jostling for light.
I really like the feel of the scape and quite jealous about adding cory's, wanted some for a long time but didnt fit my loose 'asian' theme. Worth having a gander on rareaquatics, some lovely ones on there and a handful of varieties cheaper than the extortionate prices some LFS charge for basic cory's.
Standard tiger shrimp in there could look awesome and make a few quid breeding to boot ;)
Subscribed for the journey.
Really appreciate your input mate. Good to know about the bolbitis and food for thought regards the shrimp.....
Ill certainly have a look on rare aquatics for some corys, it seems increasingly harder to source quality fish stock.
My reactions: :eek: o_O :thumbup: You did it! Amazing... I'm always a bit scared, when I see a pretty good hardscape, that the plants will ruin that beauty, but in this case, no. :)
Ha, thanks xtevo, I was worried about that too after the positive comments made on the hardscape.

Cheerio,
Ady

#winner, as the great Charlie Sheen once said. Really well done mate, can't wait to see it mature!

Edit, just one thing, keep on top of the bolbitis as when it takes off, you'll find it may start to overpower the scape a little.

#winner, as the great Charlie Sheen once said. Really well done mate, can't wait to see it mature!

Edit, just one thing, keep on top of the bolbitis as when it takes off, you'll find it may start to overpower the scape a little.
Cheers Ian. Ill try to keep the bolbitis well pruned :)
Stunning, simply stunning. loved the detailed planting stages.
Thanks Gill, its nice to look back on to see how it was put together :)

Cheerio,
Ady.

Great looking scape. And I'm slightly jealous you've got two Fluval G6 filters on it. I can buy two Fluval 405s here for the price of a single G6.

Hi mate ,

You have done a great job !!!!
I love how you have place the Anubia, and the fern on the bottom right will have a nice room to grow and will add a nice touch in this scape.

I can tell by your execution and comparing to your previous scape, that you have reach an other level of aquascaping.
Great job !!!!
Hope that I will execute a nice work like you in my future NA tank.

Cheers mate

Looks fantastic ..... great work with the anubias and mosses. Going to look great in a few months time .... maybe grab some cuttings off you then ;)
Thank you, i hope the moss and pelias stay put on the rocks, i also hope it grows enough to make cuttings from :)

Great looking scape. And I'm slightly jealous you've got two Fluval G6 filters on it. I can buy two Fluval 405s here for the price of a single G6.
yeah fluval G's are great filters imo so it was the only way to go with a black gloss cabinet with silver detailing trim :artist: :lol: Second hand prices arnt too bad.

Hi mate ,

You have done a great job !!!!
I love how you have place the Anubia, and the fern on the bottom right will have a nice room to grow and will add a nice touch in this scape.

I can tell by your execution and comparing to your previous scape, that you have reach an other level of aquascaping.
Great job !!!!
Hope that I will execute a nice work like you in my future NA tank.

Cheers mate
Very encouraging comments, thanks Zanguli.
Im sure you will do your new set up proud....roll on mid september :thumbup:

Cheerio,

Back