• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Hi lain
I wanted an info please.
Do you have a pic of haw was packed the cabinet and the tank please.
If you don't have is it possible to describe me how the cabinet was packed for the transport.

Thank you very much

Zanguli

Hi Iain,
have you added the cyperus halferi yet?
Any recent photos :photogenic: :snaphappy: , i need a fix :D
Cheerio,
Ady.

cyperus will be in on friday, was waiting to get a bunch of other bits from ed at the same time.
No recent pics, did the first proper moss trim and cut back some pinna so will get some up as soon as the cyperus goes in. Oddly the one plant of aubertii i left in is now going great guns o_O so will move that and see how it fits with the cyperus.

wow, knew it had been a while, has it been that long :( apologies.
I have every intention of finding time to get the camera out this weekend so should get some images up then for all the tanks.

All is well, health is good, algae is almost non-existent yet growth along the back is slow. While they went in a a little late and new growth is good it is testing my patience a little. I reduced lighting to 60% as keeping co2 in the tank while its been warm was a little harder. Yesterday increased back to 100% and dropped the height a little, will see what happens.

9401956695_238d159f02_c.jpg
IMG_8361 by iainsutherland24, on Flickr

9401957021_a715364237_c.jpg
IMG_8343 by iainsutherland24, on Flickr

9404715650_787dba028f_c.jpg
IMG_8377 by iainsutherland24, on Flickr

9401956195_a1a2fd92b5_c.jpg
IMG_8383 by iainsutherland24, on Flickr

9401955787_6d22b0042d_c.jpg
IMG_8386 by iainsutherland24, on Flickr

It's looking like an NA showroom mate, buceps add a nice contrast to the moss along the front, new tank looks good too :)
cheers tim, it is a little gallery like lol, im really liking the buce's, the colour and detail on the leaves is lovely.

Looking stunning Iain, really love those in situ shots.
The tank looks great, especially with the sunset effect over the open grass in the centre. I bet in real life the detail and colours of the hygrophila pinnatifida and buce's on the wood look even better :) fish are looking great too mate and it looks pristine, testament to your maintenance.
Have you got the tmc lights issue sorted yet?
Cheerio,
Ady.

Wow, I could never have that in my office I would never get any work done, truly superb though, very jealous

morning ady, thanks for the comments. Its doing alright, i seem to be able to not kill plants now, i just need to figure out how to make them grow a little faster. In this vein ive been looking over a lot of Amanos 2 island tanks and he seems to run 2 filters pointing directly at each other across the front of the tank.?! While this seems crazy im thinking to give it a try for a couple of weeks to see what happens as there are definite areas that flow is very low in and around the wood that could be improved.

Dont mention the TMC's otherwise ed is going to get started again :p But no, TMC called me back after testing the first one for 4 weeks and they cant get it to fail? Second one was fine for several weeks and now it has started playing up again. I going to try running it from another socket as when the housemate was on holiday and not using his computer which runs from the same sockets i had no issue.... maybe coincidence, only one way to find out.

Wow, I could never have that in my office I would never get any work done, truly superb though, very jealous

luckily i dont have to do any work here or your right, no work would be done. I have been considering a shrimp tank on my desk at work but may be detrimental to my productivity!

Very nice indeed Iain... that's my kinda scape with the moss and wood :thumbup: - do you run the skimmer all the time or just at set intervals?

thanks gary, moss is great just dread the monthly trim.... need to get georges scissor syphon working for me.
skimmer runs 24/7, it used to catch a lot of amanos but they seem to have learnt to stay away now. Now just to train them to use scissors :lol:
I wouldnt go without the skimmers now, its nice to have crystal clear surface and adds a little flow to the 60.

thanks gary, moss is great just dread the monthly trim.... need to get georges scissor syphon working for me.
skimmer runs 24/7, it used to catch a lot of amanos but they seem to have learnt to stay away now. Now just to train them to use scissors :lol:
I wouldnt go without the skimmers now, its nice to have crystal clear surface and adds a little flow to the 60.

Yes I found that my skimmer used to attract the shrimps, they would still be alive inside feeding on the sponge... but once let out they would soon find the way back in again!
What type of moss are you using again?

Back