• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Online Shrimp Stores

Had a look on this site and look good prices but one thing I read which id not heard before and have never had problems with was in the tank set up guide for crystal shrimp
" Anubias and Cryptocoryne are not good choices for plants because their roots may release toxic substances." :confused:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

I do think shrimp keepers are a little over precious sometimes :lol:

Having said that, I've only got cheap and bombproof cherries and simoni simoni, and I'm still regularly finding new ways to accidentally slaughter them, so maybe I should shut up!

I do think shrimp keepers are a little over precious sometimes :lol:

Having said that, I've only got cheap and bombproof cherries and simoni simoni, and I'm still regularly finding new ways to accidentally slaughter them, so maybe I should shut up!

:lol: i wont ask ha ha.

There has been something going around about Crypts and anubias being toxic to shrimps after trimming. But same as Alastair I have never had problems with both plants in my shrimp tanks. One of them is like 35% Anubias Nana Petite and all my shrimps are fine and breeding.

Had a look on this site and look good prices but one thing I read which id not heard before and have never had problems with was in the tank set up guide for crystal shrimp " Anubias and Cryptocoryne are not good choices for plants because their roots may release toxic substances."

Hmmm, I've never heard that one before either. I've only got one Nana which I never trim in my tank and no crypts so not too worried but it still might be worth looking into!:)

@madian
Those prices looked amazing, but I am curious, not sure what you ordered, but were they the correct grade? I was looking at the CRS grades and then comparing the grades/markings on Crystal Red Shrimp Grading Guide .:. Information to successfully grade the Crystal Red Shrimp
And they differ. Prices still good but they look a grade out of sync. But then again I am a noob at this stuff so could be completely wrong.

Enjoy your shrimp.
R

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The problem was apparently oxalic acid, they release this when cut (sap's full of it) - theory has it that a shrimps shell is somehow damaged by it...
I had 6 30cm cubes packed with anubias and crypts, never had a problem. There was also a chap (on shrimpnow forum I think) who blended up an anubias and poured the contents into a tank, no issues!

Back