• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

moth

Samjpikey

I found this outside work yesterday morning and I thought I should share it ,

6kaYy6I.jpg

Hi all,
I can do this one, it is a "Jersey Tiger" <Jersey Tiger Euplagia quadripunctaria - UKMoths>. I remember the first one I ever saw was on a Buddleia bush at Stoke Gabriel (just. West of Paignton), you can't tell from the photo, but it is a large butterfly sized moth and I stared at it for about 10 minutes on the grounds that it must be a tropical immigrant or escape from a Butterfly house.

Now they've spread from S. Devon to London, most of the S. coast, Bristol etc.

cheers Darrel

Dusky thorn ????

Apparently they can look yellow like this under artificial light , but more browny in natural light .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you may be right there I don't know anything about moths. Spent a good couple hours looking today but there are thousands!!

This was under fluorescent light too so maybe why its so yellow

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Well I've read that this year there has been an increase in butterflies ,
After the last few years being a big decline .
I don't know if you've noticed but take a look around tomorrow and you will be pleasantly surprised :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love moths, and insects generally. Does any-one know what this one is? They love my lillies, guzzle the nectar.
100_0417a.jpg

Funny .... My wife found this moth today in a sealed pack of grapes from sainsburys , they said grown in Egypt so whether they get packaged there I don't know !!

Ia014Dt.jpg

Hey guys,
Nice pic of that atlas Dan :)

We found this on the floor outside our workshop, unfortunately dead, but I've been looking to see what it is. Haven't found a name for it as yet, any ideas?

Phone camera (sorry!)

maba9uge.jpg

amyha5a2.jpg

atesa8yb.jpg

uhaha6yr.jpg

Cheers,
N

Back