• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

eSHa Gastropex - shrimp safe?

Tim Harrison

Administrator
UKAPS Team
I've been using eSHa Gastropex to kill the snails in my tanks. I thought I'd removed all my cherry shrimp beforehand but as it turned out I missed a few and despite catching the full dose they are fine...and appear totally unaffected. A quick google and it turns out that, yes it is supposed to be shrimp safe but in reality the jury is still out among sceptical aquarists.

Anybody else have a similar experience?

By the way it seems to have worked so far...

Just completed double blind clinical trials for eSHa Gastropex and I can categorically state that - in the case of my aquariums at least - it had absolutely no effect on cherry shrimp whatsoever both adults and juveniles, but it did kill 99.9% of the aquatic snails in my tanks.

Yep sure, just remember you heard it here first;) ...you do know I was joking about the double blind clinical trials bit though...don't you? The rest is fact.

I don't...there's something about slugs and snails that turns my stomach:sick: ...those and myriapods. But curiously I don't mind other Gastropods that much.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but as I just got a response from Esha regarding the ingredients of Gastropex I felt it would be useful to add it to this thread to save others the inquiry.

According to the sales and communication manager 1 ml contains;
Copper Sulphate 24 mg
Proflavine hemisulphate 0.2 mg

Back