• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lots of snails

Crxgaz

Bought some plants recently and now i have loads of tiny little snails in the tank. I had bought two zebra snails but looks like got more than i thought. Although if the tiny ones are not zebras are they any threat in the tank or are they ok to be there

They probably came on the plants and are mostly a cosmetic problem. If you want to prevent them from hitching a lift in future you can leave you plants in a salt water bath for 10 mins before rincing and planting next time :)

Almost everyone has a few hitchhiker snails. If you've an explosion they must like your tank;) When do snails reproduce? When there is food in oversupply. This can be two things: an algae infested tank or overfeeding (95% of all people overfeed so this one is almost always true). I've two tank, same snails to start with, one gets lots of algae wafers and pellets because I like the Sewellia's to forage all day. The second, very little food, guess which one is full of snails;P

eSHa Gastropex Aquatic Snail Treatment (it's shrimp safe and can be used as a preventative bath for new plants)...KILL THEM...KILL THEM ALL...
icon_twisted.gif

Back