• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

90 cm optiwhite journal- new layout page 3

Cheers, I'll give it a go as you do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

couple of pics from this evening best i could get of the rasboras fast little blighters :)
8393558704_a4d7171d30.jpg

blyxa looking healthy should need thining out soon been fighting off the bba with liquid carbon spot dosed at recommended dose slowly getting rid
8392488369_9075515f3a.jpg

fts drop checker looking yellow changed the fluid today and it was lime green before it went in will pick up some new bromo blue tomorrow
8393567194_aefd0da69c.jpg

co2 hasnt been raised and no abnormal behaviour from fish or shrimp so fairly certain faulty dc solution
cheers for looking all comments and criticisms more than welcome

Looking great ! What are the plants above the blyxa shot ? Looks like Staurogyne Repens at the front left but Im wondering about the stems behind it to the left and right ? The left ones are out of focus and the right ones are in focus, just so you know what Im talking about ;)

Reactions: tim
Looking really nice tim, although I feel it needs a little height at the back somehow??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thanks al starting to regret rushing to set it up now to be honest would benefit from more substrate banking and some more hardscape i may just let the stems run wild for a while especially on the right looking to tear it down in a couple of months :)
Looking great ! What are the plants above the blyxa shot ? Looks like Staurogyne Repens at the front left but Im wondering about the stems behind it to the left and right ? The left ones are out of focus and the right ones are in focus, just so you know what Im talking about ;)
cheers pelagio stems on the left out of focus pogostemon erectus on the right in focus rotala rotundifolia (should be pink/red) but im just content its healthy :lol: and behind the out of focus pogo theres a couple of different ludwigia species just so i didnt miss any out ;)

couple of i phone snaps from tonight,
8424839538_62af683493.jpg

8423743813_f9c44047c5.jpg

blyxa starting to lose some lower leaves as is the staurogyne below, poor co2 distribution probable cause so hydor korallia ordered to counter this:)
8423747611_33519a4bb6.jpg

quite astounding how much plant growth can affect flow, running 2 cristalprofi 900's which should satisfy the 10 times rule but getting that flow down to substrate proving sometimes its never enough flow :lol: getting on top of bba now liquid carbon doing it's job.
rilli's have been out and about more lately females no longer berried so hopefuly little ones soon
cheers for looking :thumbup:

Wow your blyxa looks amazing mate, I'm so desperate for some of this.. I was going to get it from aqua essentials, you know where else I could look? Good on you for getting a power head mate, hope everything pans out for ya :)

Cheers! Jack :)

small update,
8485680215_84f7e39ec0.jpg

not much happening quickly in this tank at the moment, slowly getting to grips with flow and co2 in this size tank, if only it was as easy as slap on an over sized power head :lol: few plants have been gardened out and i'm trying a few others i haven't had much success with, thats about it for now determined to learn what i can from this and move onto better layouts :)
cheers for looking

thought i'd stick a little update up, tanks still a learning curve but least i'm learning (well i hope) :)
shot from yesterday evening
8566833316_6cc89b72d1.jpg

stems at the back getting a bit out of hand so gave them a good hack back today.plants are healthy but not healthy enough, need to sort out a stronger filter get some more co2 round the tank.
caught a couple of corries doing a little aerobatic display earlier, lights were off so not the best video clip :eek:

on the whole things are running smoothly enough and im starting to gather a few things ready for the tank tear down which will hopefully happen sooner rather than later:) will try and post up a couple of trimmed pics later.
cheers for looking any comments appreciated ;)

Looking really healthy Tim!

It's really coming into its own now isn't it. Love the corries as well, you'll be having babies in your tank soon.

Reactions: tim
couple of i phone pic's post trim
8569746610_0d6a09bf9b.jpg

stems trimmed quite harshly looking to get them thicker and growing to the same height
8569749750_a428d96e0f.jpg

also have some vallis at the back which seems to be doing ok :) a first for me in 3 years of trying to grow this plant
more updates when the stems grow back may be a while :lol:
cheers for looking

Had a bit of time on my hands this weekend and was never really happy with the layout, very lacking on hardscape, so changed it a little, you'll have to excuse the straggly hydrocotyle I didn't have time to seperate it so ill trim and replant tops as it grows
8607232450_a2f7ebd34e.jpg

More plants to add tomorrow and the hydrocotyle may be swapped out for tennelus.
On the whole I think this layout will give me more options to try a few different plant species and combinations.
Cheers for looking.

Back