• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

flourish excel...yes or no?

After a lie down in a darkened room and a few re reads.........

So, added liquid carbon enables the plants to use existing CO2 in the water. That's fine if we are injecting CO2. What happens if we are not? Is there any other available CO2 in there? And if there isn't, is liquid CO2 a waste of time?

Cheers.
No mate, that's not what I meant.

What I'm saying is that the mechanism by which plants break down the compound gluteraldehyde results in the release of CO2 from the residue of the original compound. The chemical reactions that occur within the leaf result in more CO2.

Cheers,

Surely is more beneficial to include it into your regime , A 1 liter bottle cost £17 including postage . (Tnc liquid carbon)
Well, yeah, If you tank is small then that's fine, but what if your tank is 400 gallons?

So, added liquid carbon enables the plants to use existing CO2 in the water.
No mate please have another re-read of post #12. Excel=CO2. When you add Excel you increase the amount of CO2 regardless of what CO2 is already available. In an unenriched tank the CO2 concentration level is about 8ppm, so adding Excel to this tank improves the amount in the leaf because inside the leaf Excel turns into CO2. So you have the amount of CO2 capture from the water + the amount of CO2 the Excel turns into. That's the best way to think of it.

Cheers,

Well, yeah, If you tank is small then that's fine, but what if your tank is 400 gallons?

No mate please have another re-read of post #12. Excel=CO2. When you add Excel you increase the amount of CO2 regardless of what CO2 is already available. In an unenriched tank the CO2 concentration level is about 8ppm, so adding Excel to this tank improves the amount in the leaf because inside the leaf Excel turns into CO2. So you have the amount of CO2 capture from the water + the amount of CO2 the Excel turns into. That's the best way to think of it.

Cheers,

:thumbup:

Yea good point ceg ....... Didn't think about high volume tanks .. School boy error :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back