• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Yes, another great effort by the team from Tropica, P@H and UKAPS members :clap: Big thanks to P@H and Tropica for being so welcoming and encouraging, allowing us to get stuck in helping create both of these amazing tanks :thumbup:
The dimensions of this tank are challenging and as the cube tank is viewable from 3 sides it needed to look good all round. Mark created almost 3 individual scapes to make this work so well, the islands used create interest all of their own, each being stunning in its own right with the clear gravel areas between creating pathways which lead the eye around the tank.
This tank is awesome and if you live nearby (or not) its well worth going out and taking a look, maybe even take a few photos to update its progress :snaphappy: :)
Heres a couple of photos i took along the way to give an idea of the scale and the density of planting around the hardscape:

in progress, substrate and hardscape in place and ferns beginning to be attached to the impressive wood layout:
dli.JPG

Rear planted, large echinodorus frame some giant vallis in the middle which will create a nice high backdrop in the long term:
26gx.jpg

Troels and George checking it out, gives an idea of the scale, along with Dan and Ian inside planting below which gives a better impression of the footprint:
tpsn.jpg

m7qx.jpg

finally planted ready for filling:
zvqk.jpg

It was a great experience doing something on this scale and hats off to all involved in the planning and realisation of these two tanks, they are inspiring and i wish there was more opportunity to create showcases like them as it will only encourage new hobbyists. The aquascape is stunning and it shows what can be achieved using the easy care range from Tropica.
Like Alastair said, it was nice to meet up with some fellow ukaps members also, hopefully there will be more opportunities to do so in the future :thumbup:
Cheerio,
Ady.

Well done chaps, looks even better than the new malden one :thumbup:
Sorry I couldn't make it, but I had to work on Saturday morning.

I'm really looking forward to seeing update photos as these awsome scapes grow in :).

Cheers,
James

As promised I have signed up :)!! Possibly known to everyone as Sam that never sits down (Stand Up Sam)

It's been a great pleasure to meet everyone who attended and watch our two large tanks transform into pure beauty.
I have visited the Stockport store this morning, seems like it's going to take more than a few days for the water to clear up.

Hopefully I can stay active on here to pick up tips and hits.

Sam.

As promised I have signed up :)!! Possibly known to everyone as Sam that never sits down (Stand Up Sam)

It's been a great pleasure to meet everyone who attended and watch our two large tanks transform into pure beauty.
I have visited the Stockport store this morning, seems like it's going to take more than a few days for the water to clear up.

Sam.

Welcome along Sam, good to meet you at the weekend :)

Sam.
Hey Sam and welcome! :)

Lovely video Mark, well done m8!:)
Yep seconded, really nice to see it all in progress and the filled video at the end too.
Thanks for sharing it.

Hi everyone, The tank look really impressive unfortunately couldn't make it on time to see all preparation of aquascape from beginning, when i got there about 15 o'clock guys just started filling up with water :).
Just hope it is going to be maintained in correct manner as previous marine tank wasn't an eyecatcher .. Thanks to George and guys from Tropica for explaining couple of things aswell. Cheers Alex

Very impressive work to all whom were involved. The 3-island scape is certainly something I've never seen, if anyone could share pics of the left and right sides I'd appreciate that. The clearing in the middle needs some plastic dinosaurs or something :D

Troels and George checking it out, gives an idea of the scale, along with Dan and Ian inside planting below which gives a better impression of the footprint:
tpsn.jpg
I'm checking out the scale of Troels vs George. Be careful George! :eek:

Hi everyone.

Can I start by saying a massive thank you to everyone who was involved in both of these layouts.

A big thank you to those who travelled from a far: namely 'Murf' who came over from Ireland.

The input was greatly received by Tropica, and pets at home.

The second layout (Stockport) is indeed a great layout to look at, due to the 'square footprint' format, and over time, the 3 visible sides shall become 3 individual scapes of their own.

As time progresses, I shall endeavour to keep everybody up to date with images.

For now, here is an image from the New Malden layout. Image courtesy of Stu Worral.
9720480117_c2a0fc2162_b.jpg
new-malden-day-1 by saintly's pics, on Flickr

What a lovely scape! Congats for the design Mark!

What a handsome man!

Yes indeed, Troels looks great at this picture! Shame that Stu didn't get the right composition for this shot... there is something on the right hand side, that spoils it and I can't see the crypts in the corner. :confused:

Back