• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New 'scape comenced

NR70

Seedling
I have finally managed to get a few hours spare the last few evenings and get some hardscape in my tank. Its not finished and needs a few tweaks here and there plus some more details rocks in the foreground and some more Xingu sand amongst the Sarawak. The Hornwood need a few trim and the tips on some pieces need some work but its not too far off Specs are

Starphire glass tank 75 x 45 x 30 cm deep
Black Sassafras wood cabinet
Both custom built
Lighting is 2 x TMC 1500 tiles
Tropica substrate capped with ADA Africana ( On its fourth use!)
Will cap with new bag of powder later
JBL 1500 Cristal Profi cannister , will reduce the flow with a Sera CO2 reactor and Hydor inline
Plant list:
Phillipine and Needle Leaf Java Fern
Crypt Wendettii "Green Gecko" and "Tropica"
Crypt. Willissi
Crypt Undulata
Crypt Parva
Anubias Nana Petite
Anubias Nana Var Augustifolia
Anubias Nana Stardust
HC,Mini Pelia, Belem Hairgrass
Lindernia Variegated
Rotala Green
Eleocharis Vivipara
1 x type of Moss as yet undecided, possibly Weeping

NewTankScape_zps110e767f.jpg
IMG_1277_zpsda9ee6dd.jpg

20130911_233512_zpscfe17c7a.jpg

nicest cabinet ever.. I think I remember reading a thread about you making it somewhere in the past. just brilliant

Hi,
scape looks very nice ! the wood is very nice.
Don't go full blast with these two TMC :p haha. They are strong mate, and I am sure you don't want that nice scape to be full of algae lol.
do you already know at how many % you will run the lights for the first month ?
Nice plant list !

cheers

I didn't make the cabinet, it was made by another aquarist who also builds lovely bespoke cabinets from local Australian hardwoods, each one totally unique, it really is a beautifull piece. Will try and get some more photos and post them but I'm afraid it will only be pics from Samsung Galaxy!

I dont have a controller for the Gro beams so I'm going to have to keep them nice and high, that won't be an issue as they are suspended from the ceiling and easy to move up and down

Cheers Nick

Beautiful:) I like it all. It all very natural . I too look forward to seeing it fill up.:)

this looks really nice....looking forward to see the tank planted...curious about the HC, where would you be planting that
There are few gaps in between the rocks so will stick some Belem Hairgrass in there, my plan for the HC is plant it close to the top of the rocks where they meet the substrateand get it to grow slightly over the edges, well that's the plan! I have firm idea in my head of the overall look I'm after but as we all know it could turn out totally different .......

That cabinet is sensational. Matches the hardscape beautifully

Back