• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

P.Helferi lacking nutrients?

With that much light it could easily be nitrogen or Fe. Could even be exacerbated by poor CO2. I don't have a feel for TPN+ used as a sole source so just double the dosing, add more CO2 and wait 3 weeks.

Cheers,

ceg4048 said:
With that much light it could easily be nitrogen or Fe. Could even be exacerbated by poor CO2. I don't have a feel for TPN+ used as a sole source so just double the dosing, add more CO2 and wait 3 weeks.

Cheers,

CO2 is run into yellow & 5ml is a already quite a lot for this size tank!

Clives right, thats 2.7wpg of T5, which (according to the June or July 07 edition of TAG) outputs about 3 times the effective light of a T8 due to its operating temperature difference. (thought Id quote the source this time clive! ;) )

George runs 4 x 24w T5, 2ml TPN+ daily and pressurized CO2 (the same size tank - 60l)

hmmm :?:

It isnt much difference in colour but it is confusing me :lol: it is putting out new growth all the time and it doesnt seem affected, here are some pics.

NEW GROWTH
P1010121.jpg

THE WHOLE PLANT
P1010122.jpg

THE DARKER PLANT (sorry about quality but you can get the colour)
P1010124.jpg

Is the darker plant staying darker or lightening too? It could be that you have two different clones that are slightly different shades. I find that no two tanks seem to produce identical results with little things like this so it may be that the new plants gradually change to be like your others. All my tanks grow plants slightly differently due to differences in all the equipment.

Ed Seeley said:
Is the darker plant staying darker or lightening too? It could be that you have two different clones that are slightly different shades. I find that no two tanks seem to produce identical results with little things like this so it may be that the new plants gradually change to be like your others. All my tanks grow plants slightly differently due to differences in all the equipment.

i cant tell yet, they have been in about 2 days.

Aaron, you have to stop comparing your setup to other peoples, because no two tanks are the same.

Amano uses 150w over some 60cm tanks - does that mean we can all do it and live with it on a daily basis? I doubt it mate.

JAmesM said:
Aaron, you have to stop comparing your setup to other peoples, because no two tanks are the same.

Amano uses 150w over some 60cm tanks - does that mean we can all do it and live with it on a daily basis? I doubt it mate.

I know, i know... but i cant understand how he has more lighting which requires more CO2 & nutrients and mine is lacking CO2 (even though iit is at like 35ppm), water quality doesnt make a difference to this,

and then fertilisers is low, my water has 25ppm of NO3 to start with. Georges water is hard (so is mine, kh 8 & gh 15)

They are quite similar in terms of water parameters so i cant think of anything else except like Ed says, it must have a slight deifference in the plant specie. Still hasnt changed colour.

Back