• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 atomiser, UV steriliser and Heater

Hi,

I am setting up a new tank and I would like to have as little equipment as possible inside the tank itself, so I bought an in line heater, a UV steriliser and a CO2 atomiser, but I would like to know if there is an order I should follow to connect these? Should I place the CO2 atomiser closer to the filter to increase the time CO2 has to dissolve in the water before reaching the tank? or should I place the UV steriliser first to have "cleaner" run through the rest of the setup? or maybe the heater first? I just don't know...

Thanks

1. Attache Atomizer as close to filter outlet as possible to: a) decrease the pressure and b) allow more time for gas to travel.
2. Install UV on the outlet as well some distance away from Atomiser.
3. Install heater after UV

Keep in mind that this may decrease your outflow.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply!

Flow should not be an issue for me hopefully, I'll be using a Eheim pro 3 250 that I had from a previous tank, it's rated for tanks from 120l to 250l but my new tank will be 60l only...

Is there a rule of thumb to calculate flow loss due to equipment?

Thanks

Is there a rule of thumb to calculate flow loss due to equipment?

unlikely, I've never came across such calculation. I have 350 model on 44Galons, with Atomiser and UV installed on outlet and pretty happy with the flow I guess u will be fine!

Back