• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Daz Wright

Seedling
I am pretty new to aqua scaping. But have kept tropical and marine fish for years. I work in the same building as George Farmer. So it was only a matter of time before I caught the bug for planted tanks. I have been advised to try the dry start method. All turning out well I should hopefully be looking at 3 weeks, then it's filling time!

Specifications

ADA 45F tank
3 pieces Unipac lava rock
5 small pieces Manzanita wood with Christmas moss attached
3 litres TMC nutra soil black.
Plants:- Tropica 1-2-grow hairgrass and E. Tenellus

The plan is to have a Crystal Red shrimp breeding tank, no Co2, hang on back filter, LED lighting and RO water.

This is the various stages of the tank and as it stands now.

1)
Of3wprt.jpg

2)
8a4SRAd.jpg

3)
ezcI5Rt.jpg

4)
YTtNBvX.jpg

5)
UH5I3ej.jpg

6)
4ngS6mm.jpg

7)
e2Fud0A.jpg

Although I would love to claim it was all done on my own, it wouldn't have been possible without all of George's expertise.

Attachments

• UH5I3ej.jpg
    UH5I3ej.jpg
    764.5 KB · Views: 338
  • 4ngS6mm.jpg
    4ngS6mm.jpg
    686.7 KB · Views: 212
  • e2Fud0A.jpg
    e2Fud0A.jpg
    699.4 KB · Views: 761
Those shallow tanks are really attractive, aren't they. Looking forward to watching this one grow in.
Are you putting anything along the back? Some nice long cyperus helferi or something trailing across the surface would look good.

Looks great nice one :thumbup:.

I agree, this shallow tank is a wonderful size. I'm also very fond of the wood you have chosen, definitely thinking about using Manzanita wood in a future scape, it's twisting character makes it so versatile and attractive.

I might have to try a mini shallow scape one day myself, I'm inspired:clap:

Will be watching this one :)

looks great mate and I love the shallow scapes keep us updated

Dean

Back