• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

3240L Nature Aquarium

icepotato89

here's a teaser iphone shot of one of the new planted tanks at work, its 10ft and about 3400 litres! this one was scaped by the boss not me but i'll be looking after it. it's been up and running for about 1 and a half weeks, more details and pics to come.....

IMG_0778cropped_zpsbc35102f.jpg

Looks great! A very natural style with decent low-maintenance plant selection. The sand might be a PITA to maintain though... I don't envy that bit! ;)

Is that locally collected wood? It looks lovely.

Thanks for sharing, and looking forward to updates. :)

Looks great! A very natural style with decent low-maintenance plant selection. The sand might be a PITA to maintain though... I don't envy that bit! ;)

Is that locally collected wood? It looks lovely.

Thanks for sharing, and looking forward to updates. :)

Thanks George the wood is from somewhere in the Australian desert

Wow, how many rummy-nose tetras have you got in there mate? Never seen such a big shoal!
Cheers

not sure about 200?

glad to hear you guys like it, after proper measurement the tank its actually 3240L (10ftL x 3ftH x 4ftW) sorry to disappoint! here's some pics from the waterchange today. a 50% waterchange is no small task on a tank this big...

IMG_0786_zpsf58ce633.jpg

IMG_0783cropped_zps2d09cc8b.jpg

Excellent mate, really like the hardscape.

It reminds me of the 500l non-CO2 aquarium I built for my father (see video below) but yours looks so much better :D

Incredible.....if I had a tank that big I'd also have some lovely Discus too :)
I'd like to know where you work, what a job!
Well done your boss too, an impressive aquascape to say the least.
Cheerio,

Always wondered about the size of filters and pipework needed to support a tank of this sort of size, can you give more details ?

Back