• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Crypt's Palace

3fAmbjE.jpg

After a trim last week.

I now have seen all three red-nosed shrimp, alive and well. I think when I first put them in they went to the almond leaf that was at the back by the inlet, and didn't come out until they'd eaten it!

I really like this tank, very inspirational. How have you found coping with the abundant natural light?

I only ask as my low-ish tech nano gets a lot of natural light and algae was a nightmare. The light recently broke and i couldn't afford to replace it. The result is no algae and the crypts have never looked better! Just shows how much impact light from windows can have, definitely something I will have to consider when I finally get round to replacing the light...

Thanks. So far the tank copes very well. It has a far longer light period than it should, with natural light all day (though not all that much completely direct) and LED light from 1.30pm to 9.30pm. The LED is a single 12w (4x 3w) Cree lightbulb in a lamp fitting, with a dimmer. I've actually just turned that up to full as I feel that the foreground isn't getting quite enough. There's less light in the windows now the season has changed, though I have taken down some tomato plants that were blocking the sun before. So far the floating plants seem to keep everything under control, though recently they've been telling me that some ferts are needed.

Thanks. So far the tank copes very well. It has a far longer light period than it should, with natural light all day (though not all that much completely direct) and LED light from 1.30pm to 9.30pm. The LED is a single 12w (4x 3w) Cree lightbulb in a lamp fitting, with a dimmer. I've actually just turned that up to full as I feel that the foreground isn't getting quite enough. There's less light in the windows now the season has changed, though I have taken down some tomato plants that were blocking the sun before. So far the floating plants seem to keep everything under control, though recently they've been telling me that some ferts are needed.

Cheers. :thumbup:

I have a new light on order, going to use floaters to temper impact of windows (although it's going to be dark pretty much constantly here soon :lol:)

pja2avE.jpg

Now with all the plants from my 30cm cube Roots & Lava, which I've taken down.
I've added co2 on a very low dose. Had recently stopped putting liquid carbon in, and some plants looked less happy, so hopefully this will bring it back to about the same level.

I really like this scape Joel and I've taken inspiration and tried something similar but very early days still. I'll be well please if it ends up like this one.

Back