• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
I feel you would really benefit from a sump on this size tank, it would not need to be particularly big or high flow but it would make a surface skimmer, heater compartment plus auto top up & extend the choice of pump to submersible pond pumps etc.

Ha ha cheers luis. Nothing stopping you now your out there mate. You could have one in your back garden as big as you wanted.
Its not in acrylic this one. Ill save acrylic until I go huge in a few years.

Yeah, I know.. :) I have the place in the yard ready already.. :) just need to figure out a way for the criminals not jumping the fence and stealing the kit.. LOL

With a tank that big, aren't you worried about the bowing? Or does it have braces?

Yeah, I know.. :) I have the place in the yard ready already.. :) just need to figure out a way for the criminals not jumping the fence and stealing the kit.. LOL

With a tank that big, aren't you worried about the bowing? Or does it have braces?

Electric fences luis lol :D......

Yes I did think about the bowing so opted for minimalistic bracing which ive seen pics of and its not unsightly at all. Ill sleep better at night too knowing its braced. I can always make a small plinth if need be but I prefer it with out.

I feel you would really benefit from a sump on this size tank, it would not need to be particularly big or high flow but it would make a surface skimmer, heater compartment plus auto top up & extend the choice of pump to submersible pond pumps etc.

I know I know youve almost tempted me before on a sump and with not using co2 its not too much of a concern. Id have to look at what options as no weir is being put in etc. Id have to use pumps in the tank for flow though and dont really want any in

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

I can't wait to see pictures! Do you know when you might have the enclosure?

I can't wait to see pictures! Do you know when you might have the enclosure?
Thanks mate hope your ok. Not seen you on for a bit.
The tank will hopefully be here in the next fortnight to 3 weeks and then set up a week or so after that

I like the wood. Cant wait to see the tank too.

Thanks planty. Ive just found a very good supplier of scottish driftwood too at really really cheap prices so im picking some up this weekend

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I've had nothing but issues with hydor inline heaters had two 300w ones fail and over heat the water... not many fish like going from 28 to 38+ over night... :(

Ben

very nice and interesting piece of wood, will look amazing in tank its HUGE lol

Dean

Just picking me wood...........:eek: :eek:

Mjfyxyo.jpg

Id get that piece there, just to the left a bit, no not that one, left, up, a bit more, right a fraction.....yeah that one :)

Back