• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Snail ID please

LondonDragon

Administrator
UKAPS Team
Hi guys,

I have these snails growing in my tank and I have no idea where they came from, must have been on some of the plants or mossses I got off some forum members, can someone ID them for me?

pict0014vi3.jpg

pict0024eb9.jpg

pict0040ez9.jpg

the one in the middle photo looks like a pretty cool snail! i think pond snails eat aquatic plants although i could be wrong... but i do know they breed like crazy if you give them the chance to.

Which ever they are I have them in my nano and I personally find them really useful, I had 3, one inch long ones clear my nano of GSA in a matter of days.
I've not noticed any damage to any of the plants, except for the spiky moss though I suspect this is otto's rather than the snails.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, whatever they are I will let them be and see how they develop, otherwise I will have have to hand pick a few when they get over crowding ;) cheers

pond / bladder snails. no they dont eat live plants just dead or decaying, and can get o ut of control easy if over feeding.

Back