• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Too little light?

Up? As Clive says, it needs to be higher and pointing across the tank. You could always take the sting out by making the holes a little bigger.

Another thing - where is the inlet? I can't see one on the same side as the spraybar. If it is on the opposite side of the tank then there may be very little flow, if any, under the spraybar where your wisteria is.

Hi all,
I have the light on for 5 hours.
Have a longer lighting period, I'd go to at least 8 hours. Then if the plants are still pale and not growing satisfactorily add some more fertiliser. If you have floating plants you can use them to judge whether it is a CO2 issue. If your floating plants are pale green or not growing, it isn't a CO2 issue.

cheers Darrel

Up? As Clive says, it needs to be higher and pointing across the tank. You could always take the sting out by making the holes a little bigger.

Another thing - where is the inlet? I can't see one on the same side as the spraybar. If it is on the opposite side of the tank then there may be very little flow, if any, under the spraybar where your wisteria is.

I'm happy to do this but could you please explain the reasons behind it? I thought as long as I'm getting ok circulation.....

The inlet is on the top at the right side.

Cheers.

Hi all,
Have a longer lighting period, I'd go to at least 8 hours. Then if the plants are still pale and not growing satisfactorily add some more fertiliser. If you have floating plants you can use them to judge whether it is a CO2 issue. If your floating plants are pale green or not growing, it isn't a CO2 issue.

cheers Darrel

Thanks Darrel.
The duckweed looks ok.colour wise but it's "legs" have come off!

Spray bars are best placed just under the surface pointing directly towards the front glass & aimed about 25mm below the water level.
The reason is .. this placement produces a circular flow within the tank.
The jeted water is pushed along the surface, down the front panel & along the bottom then back up the rear panel to re circulate....

Spray bars are best placed just under the surface pointing directly towards the front glass & aimed about 25mm below the water level.
The reason is .. this placement produces a circular flow within the tank.
The jeted water is pushed along the surface, down the front panel & along the bottom then back up the rear panel to re circulate....

:thumbup:

Hi all,

cheers Darrel

Upped the period to 8 hours and things are looking much better!

Cheers!

Back