• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 Distribution.....

krazypara3165

I have always had difficulty with co2 distribution so I would like to know if this idea would work.....

I have a 4ft 285l aquarium, with x2 external cannisters and 2kg co2 cannister with a standard diffuser. my filter pipes have been split on one of my filters to accommodate an in-line heater and I have realised it would be good if I could put a in-line diffuser on too.

However, as I have two spraybars (one from each filter) along side the back of the tank this would mean I would only get 50% distribution. and without spending a fortune on more splitters another diffuser ect... its not feasable for me to rig the other cannister to do the same.

So, my question is this: Could I shorten my spraybars and put them both on the left hand side of the tank so my flow goes left to right instead of rear to front? will this effect my filtration or distribution for the better or the worse?

You'll have to try it and see. Normally, unless you have very strong flow, sending the output down the longitudinal axis is less effective, but there are so many different factors that may work in your favor that it's better to test and see. Use the pH pull down check to determine the effectiveness of any configuration change.

Cheers,

I've a similar set up, I just have 2 long spray bars running most of the length of the back of the tank. I've got an in-line diffuser feeding into the lower spray bar. Extra tubing for the bars is cheap and easy. It seems to work, but I don't grow anything too fancy and I back it up with liquid CO2.
Cheers
David

I have recently "rescaped" (in the loosest sense of the word) for this very reason.
I have a side mounted spraybar and the diffuser ( plastic from AE, only £18 delivered!!! though it does give a fine bubble ), is placed below a Newave circ pump.
I have tested it all by dropping some meth blue into the tank and it works very well.

10040864903_f6b0258fed_c.jpg
IMG_5366 by threequartersky, on Flickr

Back