• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What type of fish is this?

Martin cape

Hi guys, I bought some fish a while ago and this little fella was among them. Only have this one and seems to be doing great. Just don't know what it is.

Also for some reason I cannot post a new topic in the fish section.

6ugetava.jpg
azadave4.jpg
2ume2e7u.jpg
y2u9ygy5.jpg

Not 100% sure but it looks like a type of Killifish to me. Not an expert on Killis and i have never kept them although i did see a rather nice one at Rats, Cats and Elephants the other day in Capel St Mary.

If people on here cannot help try the aquarium subreddit on Reddit.com. Some useful people on there aswell as on here.

I've had a look at the Ricefish pics on net. Mine looks a bit darker. But I do know that the LFS where I got it from stocked Ricefish, so I must have got a free stowaway lol.

It's lasted at least 10 months on its own now lol.

The V on the tail, largish eye and general body shape indicates a rice fish strain, looks very similar to my one daisy blue which bred out from those modified green jobs. As in the pic below the males pectorals are orange so your one is probably a female together with being more rounded.

Eggs are easily transported on plants or a net so mine was also a 'stowaway' from another tank..

5d573302-35b4-4c44-8ef6-2ee5f6169825.jpg

Back