• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Discus Fry...! (now with pics)

Yeah I've got a feeling that the Lemons will have them before too long... the parents are doing good job of keeping everything away from them for now tho :)

Ben

It may be worth removing the lemons in the mean time if you have another tank you can set up. Its definitely worth saving the fry, even if its financial. Im sure there are plenty of LFSs that will buy a few discus off you if you get regular spawns, i know that if i had a larger tank id definitely try and get some!

Where did you get your discus from initially? Im heading down plymouth way next week to see family and i was intending to head to plymouth discus to look at their stock, have you had any experience with them being from cornwall (yes im aware plymouth is devon, but its close enough!)?

Hi Kyle

Yeah I'm thinking about it, I've got a 3' I could setup for them... but I think that trying to catch them is probably going to stress the discus out too much.
I actually got them from a seller on eBay, they were about the size of 20 pence pieces when I got them. They've been born and raised in tap water and are now spawning in it heh

I've only ever ordered food and medicines from Plymouth Discus and my fish have always loved it. I'm not sure but I think I've read that you need to contact them before visiting as I don't think they are always open.

Ben

Pics!
_MG_99461.jpg

_MG_99471.jpg

Only two but you get the idea :)

Ben

Not after Discus just yet, used to keep and breed them a few years ago in my late teens but had a big tank failure (my filters and tanks were interconnected at the time) and my entire stock wiped out. At the minute im just taking it slowly with a 60l and if i get the job im going for ill likely knock out a wall and replace it with a huge aquarium (girlfriends approval pending) and ill likely go for a discus show tank in there.

As for bidka, recently signed up. If i had the space already i would definitely enter the draw for the red turks, theyre one of my favourite strains!

Back