• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Zanguli's NA 90x45x50

I still have to add a stem plant on the top left to add some height ! I have to go to the pond today so I will pick one. But which one I don't know ???
What would you advice me to put there guys. Please give me some idea.

Cheers

Hi guys,
yesterday I went to the pond, and my friend gives me 10 cryptocoryne balansae that was already in his tank so it will be on top left of the hill.
I have taken also some pogostermon stelata that was in the pond and will be on the top right of the hill.
he gave me also some crypts that was dying in his tank. He have too much work so he doesn't care any more about his tank (sad).
It is incredible how plant can survive, he didn't turn n the lights since a month only ambient light and a lot of plant have survive and even grow very well haha.
he told me that he will put down the tank so I will buy him some plants, like anubia nana petite and some big crypt, I will add the plants today and take a pic.
I am quite happy about the crypt balansae, I think it will add a nice effect when the plant will crawl on the water surface.

cheers

Hi Zanguli....you have some very special rocks in there!
the rock and wood arrangement is also very commendable, depicts a nature scene very well.

IMHO, this layout will look nicer if your tank is 15-20cm shorter, as i feel the air space on top is a little too much.
when you are taking photo of this tank next time, try to reduce the water level and see if it is nicer.

Would you be able to show us the entire system? would be nice if you could take some photos.

are you supplying CO2?

Hi Zanguli, Welcome to the NA clan, I love the scape, cant wait for the growth

Hi Vito,
thank you for you comment !! Me neither can't wait for it to grow, hope every things will go well.
Happy to be part of the NA Clan. When George Farmer started talking about the TMC Clan I was like "huuummm would be good to be in a clan" hahaha.

Looks promising and different. I would prefer to keep the hardscape area rather low in planting, i.e. not adding anything that will reach the surface. But then again it might look nice in a tall tank like this. Excited to see how this develops.

Thomas

Hi Thomas,
I was Thinking the same as you at the beginning (low planting nothing tall), but after putting together the hardscape and decided to raise again and again the height of the hill. But still having a huge space on top. so to fill it i decided to put tall plants. If it's will not give a nice effect than I will remove it.
Stormy is right if the tank was 15 cm less tall than it would be planted like this.
The plants are growing very very slowly, too slowly maybe. really want to turn on all the bulbs, but ........

Hi Zanguli....you have some very special rocks in there!
the rock and wood arrangement is also very commendable, depicts a nature scene very well.

IMHO, this layout will look nicer if your tank is 15-20cm shorter, as i feel the air space on top is a little too much.
when you are taking photo of this tank next time, try to reduce the water level and see if it is nicer.

Hi Stormy, thanks for your nice comment on the hard scape. unfortunately I can't try to take a picture with water level that low because yesterday I planted somme Crypt Balansae and Pogostermon stelata.
cheers mate.

Would you be able to show us the entire system? would be nice if you could take some photos.

are you supplying CO2?

Hello Nice,

Yes I supply the tank with CO2 through Up atomizer 16/22 mm on the outlet. No problem I will take a pic of the entire system. LIke that members can see how I have done the reduction from 25 mm of FX5 filter hose to 22 mm up aqua atomizer and than to 16 mm steel hose of NA ( maybe that reduction is giving me too much pressure in flow).

Thank you guys for your encouragement !!!

Best Regards
Zanguli

Hi Zanguli
Nice to see your progress! Still love the rocks and also the Congo riversand! Looks like the Colorado sand from ADA!!!!
Which fertilzers will you use? With that lot light and Co2 too ,you must choose your ferts carefully? Do you use the NA ferts?
Roland

Hi Zanguli
Nice to see your progress! Still love the rocks and also the Congo riversand! Looks like the Colorado sand from ADA!!!!
Which fertilzers will you use? With that lot light and Co2 too ,you must choose your ferts carefully? Do you use the NA ferts?
Roland

Hi Roland,
I use Dry fertilizer, dosing EI, so unlimited nutrient there. When I will increase lighting I will look after any sign of algae related to a shortage in fert, such as BGA or GSA, and adjust dosing. If there is no sign of algae I will slowly reduce the dosing until I reach the breaking point of algae.
My light for now is very low, plant are growing very slowly.
Hope you are fine Roland

cheers

The camera I use to take picture have a small problem in the electronic focus system. So we send it in Holland for repairing, I don't know when it will comeback. So I will not post pictures until it comes back. Or I can put Phone pictures.

Guys I wanted your advices, when do you think that I can start increase light. Because it is quite low. New leaves that are sprouting on HC are very very tiny !!! I have never seen Tiny leaves like that on HC. It is at least 5 time smaller than normal size !!!

Should I start with 3 bulbs on and three weeks after turn on the 4th one ? Or I can Go a head and put on the 4 bulbs ?
I know that most of you will tell me 3 but maybe one of the expert will tell me "turn on the 4 and increase CO2".
CO2 Is very high now.

cheers

I believe you have only 1 option to go for the 4.

You wont have any algae, all you need is frequent water changes.

Guess what men, algae are simple organisms, they can grow under low light and high light. If you want to avoid algae, you have to promote the health grow of plants, and the best thing to do that is to give light co2 and frequent water changes to reduce the organic mater.

Have you been looking to the ADA gallery? As far as i can see, they use 150W HQI lamps right from the beginning! Search for the evidences, and not from the people advice :D Me included :D

chears

I believe you have only 1 option to go for the 4.

You wont have any algae, all you need is frequent water changes.

Guess what men, algae are simple organisms, they can grow under low light and high light. If you want to avoid algae, you have to promote the health grow of plants, and the best thing to do that is to give light co2 and frequent water changes to reduce the organic mater.

Have you been looking to the ADA gallery? As far as i can see, they use 150W HQI lamps right from the beginning! Search for the evidences, and not from the people advice :D Me included :D

chears

Hi Nice,

My concern is not about algae for now. I have been battling with different algae and always won the battle (for now hahaha). I know what are the moves to avoid algae.
Just want to be sure that plant will not suffer from doubling the light in one shot !!! that's the main problem. Will the plant accept that huge change in a small time !! How the plant will react in the production of Rubisco Enzyme that transport carbon molecules, will the plant react faster to avoid death and melt. But I don't think that only 4X36 W will be overkilling.

Well about ADA I think it's hard to compare, because, there is a crew of people that clean deeply the tank every day, and that makes a lot of difference. I do change my water 2x a week with 60% WC. but not cleaning like ADA crew lol.
I have read in many thread and different forum, from reliable people that ADA's tank don't really have a high PAR value, and you can see that they hang theire HQI light quite high so the intensity os less than what we think.

thanks mate for your help

Hi Nice,

My concern is not about algae for now. I have been battling with different algae and always won the battle (for now hahaha). I know what are the moves to avoid algae.
Just want to be sure that plant will not suffer from doubling the light in one shot !!! that's the main problem. Will the plant accept that huge change in a small time !! How the plant will react in the production of Rubisco Enzyme that transport carbon molecules, will the plant react faster to avoid death and melt. But I don't think that only 4X36 W will be overkilling.

Well about ADA I think it's hard to compare, because, there is a crew of people that clean deeply the tank every day, and that makes a lot of difference. I do change my water 2x a week with 60% WC. but not cleaning like ADA crew lol.
I have read in many thread and different forum, from reliable people that ADA's tank don't really have a high PAR value, and you can see that they hang theire HQI light quite high so the intensity os less than what we think.

thanks mate for your help

I am starting a new tank at the moment. And I am using my light for only 6 hours and only 2x54w instead of 4x54w.
For me it's working. I have good growth and no algae. I am also doing 2x 50% water changes weekly.
Thing is I am using eliocharis parvula which is not very demanding in terms of light.
HC on the other hand is. So what's happening to you is really not enough light for the HC to grow.
Controlling algae is not a problem but you need to make sure you still promote plant growth.
Nothing keeps algae at bay better than plant growth.
With it plants eventually beat algae for nutrients and the tank will be balanced.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk now Free

are you supplying CO2?

a6u5y6us.jpg

myge2ypy.jpg

a6uharaj.jpg

ydajugy7.jpg

Great start ! Your HC needs something in the substrate to get it going firing than just column ferts, how about some gelatin DIY tabs ?

I presume that's self collected Congo sand not ADA Congo ?

Great start ! Your HC needs something in the substrate to get it going firing than just column ferts, how about some gelatin DIY tabs ?

I presume that's self collected Congo sand not ADA Congo ?

Hi Trevor ,
Thanks mate !
If you dose at EI level, no need to dose substrate. As Nutrient will go trough the substrate and leaves up take is easier for plants. So it will do the job mate.

Yes it is self collected sand. I have first pass it to a fine mosquito net, to separate the very fine sand that is almost like powder that I have not use. After that I have pass it through a bigger mosquito net to separate bigger grain from the medium grain. I have use the medium grain.

I don't know if I made my self clear lol :p

Cheers

Back