• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Deleted thread

Yes,In my view they are worth the money.Just buy enough extra hose to reach your faucet.
Raised a group of juvenile Discus in four foot 55 gal, with daily water changes due to several feeding's, and used bucket's.:eek:
Was not until I bought used 300 litre that came with water changer (aqueon), that I finally quit with the bucket brigade .
Had used bucket's up till then for nearly two decades.
Am a bit embarrased to admit it.:(

Deleted

Last edited by a moderator:
They will remove water as well as refill, but I just remove the faucet adapter and suck on the hose to drain the tank, and let water run out the door,window or into bathtub. Is slow affair to drain the tank with this device, and much water is wasted.(In my view)
When ready to refill,,I re-attach sink adpater,and fill the tank after adding dechlorinator to the tank.
Can switch the sink adapter to suction out water in the tank,hose,while rolling it up= no mess.

Deleted

That DIY one looks interesting (but I'm terrible at DIY!)
There is nothing to it, just attached the parts to hose and cut to size! lol

That DIY one looks interesting (but I'm terrible at DIY!)

roadmaster: What do you mean by wasted water?

When attached to sink for draining the tank ,water must be on .Is the pressure from tap that pull's water from the tank to the sink.

Deleted

Rather then syphon straight out from the tank to the front lawn, I syphon into a yellow 40litre bucket first. This enables you to see and catch things you shouldn't have syphoned out eg fish fry, etc. I then use a JBL750 pump and length of standard hose pipe to pump onto front lawn.

I use this to warm water before putting in the tank. Can't use my hot tap as it is softened by an ion exchange softener.
Water change heater project. | UK Aquatic Plant Society

Rather then syphon straight out from the tank to the front lawn, I syphon into a yellow 40litre bucket first. This enables you to see and catch things you shouldn't have syphoned out eg fish fry, etc. I then use a JBL750 pump and length of standard hose pipe to pump onto front lawn.

I use this to warm water before putting in the tank. Can't use my hot tap as it is softened by an ion exchange softener.
Water change heater project. | UK Aquatic Plant Society

I place mesh screen over the tube with rubberband to prevent fishes,shrimp's from getting caught up.
Water from canister's however, is done like you mention to capture the tiny shrimp,fishes.
Pre-filter's over filter intakes became too much trouble to clean when needed (too often).:oldman:

That's a cracking price, to be fair. I made my own out of hozelock materials, and just stick a cheap pond pump on the end that goes into the tank. I can do a 50% change on my 450 litre in half an hour, while sitting down. I'd never go back to buckets.

Back