• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Brandis Edge (Flamingo)

Your patience will pay off mate this is a stunning set up as it is now, the balance between the stump, the substrate the rocks etc is perfect and Garys comment about the rocks looking like leaves was spot on.
Every bit of it compliments it very well and the plant choice is perfect.
This will be a belter again mate.

Beautiful tank, the clado work is something I would love to give a go at.

Your patience will pay off mate this is a stunning set up as it is now, the balance between the stump, the substrate the rocks etc is perfect and Garys comment about the rocks looking like leaves was spot on.
Every bit of it compliments it very well and the plant choice is perfect.
This will be a belter again mate.

Thanks Al, much appreciated mate.

Beautiful tank, the clado work is something I would love to give a go at.

Thank you Orlando and nice to see you on ukaps. We used the clada on the large tanks we did at pets at home. It gives a very instant effect. It's a nice plant/algae to work with.

Looking the business Ian, super crisp and clean, really like that crinum in the background :)

Thanks Tim, I can't wait for the Crinum to get massive.

Nice pictures Ian :)

Moss is really attractive out of water, hopefully it will be a nice mini aerial feature.

Thanks Dave, it's funny how the moss always takes advantage of being near the top and finds its c02 this way. This proves how opportunistic aquatic plants are.

Weekly update...

The HC is bouncing back well now and growing steady, no the fastest I've ever had it grow though. The only thing I can think of with the HC is the ammonia leech from the new soil. Who knows...

10348188996_ea8b761238_c.jpg
image by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

The hairgrass is also starting to spread, again really slowly, on reflection I wonder whether, the last tank grew in so fast, I'm expecting it from this scape.
10348189006_de20f77310_c.jpg

Here's a Farmer esq pic, I cought my youngest watching the fish earlier and the neons seem to take interest in him.
10348189036_9e4df428b7_c.jpg

Love this mate. Hard to decide which of yours is my fave now out of this and your one previous to the dutch garden
This is edging forward.
That moss looks fantastic on the tree now. Looking forward to trying that myself.

Your shot of the shrimp is another one of the 'looks like there's no water in it' shot. Really nice. Hope this is a bit of a longer term scape. Would be interesting to see how it looks then.

Can't wait to see this all grown out, looking so good already.

Posted from the comfort of my iPhone...

Beautiful pictures mate and it looks really lovely. I hope people think the same about my latest but I doubt it. I don't put enough thought into my layouts. Just get over excited about a new one and start chucking plants in :D

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Love this mate. Hard to decide which of yours is my fave now out of this and your one previous to the dutch garden
This is edging forward.
That moss looks fantastic on the tree now. Looking forward to trying that myself.

Your shot of the shrimp is another one of the 'looks like there's no water in it' shot. Really nice. Hope this is a bit of a longer term scape. Would be interesting to see how it looks then.

Hi Al, thank you for the comment, yes, I reckon I might keep this one for a few months, see how it goes. I was thinking (whilst walking the dog) about eventually doing an evolution of some sort on it in the end.

Can't wait to see this all grown out, looking so good already.

Posted from the comfort of my iPhone...

Thank you mate! Slowly does it with this one.

Looking great pal. The angle shot looks brilliant.

Hopefully HC will move up a gear soon :)

Cheers Dave, as long as the HC is now settled, I'm sure it'll start to go...hopefully lol

Beautiful pictures mate and it looks really lovely. I hope people think the same about my latest but I doubt it. I don't put enough thought into my layouts. Just get over excited about a new one and start chucking plants in :D

Thanks Ali, your scape is good mate, it's always the best way to start IMO, it's the best way to learn ime, just chucking the plants in and learning to grow plants, then the artistic bit can follow.

The HC is bouncing back well now and growing steady, no the fastest I've ever had it grow though.
Setup my Mini M 3 weeks ago just for a quick test of the lighting and getting used to 27w of light over a little tank and the HC also struggled for the first two weeks and now growing nicely again! Did exactly the same as yours!

Isn't it a bit warm for him? I kept my hill stream loaches in cold water tank. Very high flow.

The tank is running at 24 degree, these don't mind that temp. There plenty of flow in there also.

Fair play. I do love them. Gave up that tank when I moved house much to my disappointment.

Really really nice fish ive been toying with the ide of doing a biotope for them :) and what a great picture of your kid looking into the tank

Mark

Back