• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
cannot get over the size, everyone seems to be looking forward to seeing this one, no pressure then mate :nailbiting:

Dean

That is so big! :eek:
just a bit... I cant wait

Holy cows!!!! It's big, it's going to look fantastic with that wood in.... What a home for those chocs, can't wait to see more mate!
Thanks matey. I hope it does look as good when set up. I dont want to ruin it with the planting side of it ha ha.
Im hoping the choccos settle in and have lots of Minnie ones. Ill of course be buying a good 100 more though
:eek: Good luck planting that one Al! I've tried to replicate your style of tank in mine, only in about 1380 litres less!;) Your tanks are really inspiring mate!
Cheers:)

Cheers james that's a really nice compliment to hear ive inspired people. Great feeling thsnk you
I LOVE this! I'm excited too...:jimlad:
me too matey me too :D
It's gonna be awesome mate. I've been showing the wife, trying to convince her that we should replace our dining table with a tank like yours. She's not having any of it though, haha! :D
ha ha good luck trying mate. Im lucky in that sense my home is my own.
Without having to go threw all these pages in your thread, where did u order the tank from?
its from nd aquatics ian :)
cannot get over the size, everyone seems to be looking forward to seeing this one, no pressure then mate :nailbiting:

Dean
yeah theres a wee bit of pressure on now I think. Hope it looks good when set up I really do.
Could you get one of those underwater cameras, attach it to a submarine and film an adventure in that landscape?
:lol: im sure I could try getting one of the waterproof cases for my little point and shoot and setting it to film luis. Might give that a try actually. That's my mission once its running.
Wow, that's like having a cinema in your home!
Funnily enough I had the garden chair in the dining room yesterday evening after id climbed out of the tank and sat just staring at it for a while.

Wow, that is one huge tank... This going to be awesome... Good luck with it...
Thanks mate :D

Couldn't resist getting in to see if the wood fits. This isnt how it will look but found it hard to stare at it empty. The wood will also be flowing from the back right corner when in properly
0biPj3u.jpg

Simply breath taking... now with the timber in the tank, really can't wait to see this planted up.

Something I been wondering thou, with such a large tank are you considering covering top to minimise evaporation and condensation in room. I have to top up my 120l open top tank regularly...

Huuuuge !!!! that tank will be a nice challenge mate !!
Your fish will be very happy in that volume and I can't wait to see it planted with inhabitant !!

cheers

Thanks mate. Im really really looking forward to getting it all set up. Its torturous having to wait until the 8th of november to get it started.
Its a real struggle leaning into the tank. Ive no idea how Sanj did his.

It looks brilliant already. Green with envy :D :D :D
thank you :). Only 3 weeks until set up day

Simply breath taking... now with the timber in the tank, really can't wait to see this planted up.

Something I been wondering thou, with such a large tank are you considering covering top to minimise evaporation and condensation in room. I have to top up my 120l open top tank regularly...

Cheers Steve.
Good question and I definitely am going to be having an acrylic top to minimise the evaporation yes. Obviously it cant cover the whole area as it will have cut outs where the wood is above water. My current tank has been losing quite alot since the weather has gotten colder. The summer wouldnt be a problem.
Ive even got the dehumidifier on during the night.

Are you sure you aren't green from the reflections of the millions of plants that will be going in there?!;) Can't wait to see the plant deliveries!

;)

thats a bad boy al and can envisage how look its going to look when planted, not to mention with 100 chocolates serenely drifting around. Absolutely will be booking a trip up to you in the new year!!
I actually quite like the wood layout in the image above mate but thats just me. What are your thoughts plant wise to filling in behind the wood and around the back areas or leaving open?

Back