• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

River Monsters Marathon

Oldbloke totally disagree with your comment I'm afraid apart fromMick Brown he's a nice guy. If you had said what you were saying about Matt Hayes I'd of agreed totally I' met him I cannot write what I told him to do when I met him on the river severn and started telling me how to fish and that he's a pro blah blah etc what a boring guy he is.:) anyway I've caught baby shrimp with my bare hands....... I've also dropped them on them floor:p

The fish dropping was about Wilson who seemed to make a habit of it...too busy showing off.
I know a couple of guys who knew him.....and how other anglers were employed to hook the fish for him.
I can't say too much cos I leave the filter guard off............:oops:

Oldbloke does have valid opinions, I'm much the same, I'm lucky to have reached a certain level of match fishing for course fish where I'm shoulder to shoulder with some of the country's finest anglers, we all respect the fish and surroundings we are lucky to visit, the likes if Darren Cox, Steve Ringer, and all the guys on my south west circuit are all what I would class anglers in my specific side of the hobby/sport, John Wilson, Matt Hayes etc are to me just tv personalities lucky to be able to travel and fish places which most people will never get the chance to do, Wilson does drop fish regularly and then laugh it off, I'd be just as happy to catch a single 2 oz roach in the middle of winter as a 300lb match winning net of carp in the summer, it's all fishing to me. I do enjoy river monsters though as Mr Wade does let me see more of the world from the comfort of my own sofa :)

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

As long as your Out doing what you enjoy taking in the wild life scenery who cares if you catch Or not. It's the robin sat on your Bait pot next to you or the king Fisher sitting on your Rod, the creeping mist the early morning boaters waving back at you as they go past. :) the reasons why I love fishing it gets me out doors all weather's,whever waiting for a screamer or trotting a worm it's all fishing.:) it's nice that so many of you have an interest in such a great passtime even if most arnt over keen on the tv stars.

My main point was that that programme , like a lot of tv today is a lot of bugger all. Very little happens and what does is replayed over and over again, lots of night vision and whispering which normally results in.......yes, bugger all.
As for having to catch "monsters" to make fishing exciting, well if that's what it boiled down to I'd jack it in.

As long as your Out doing what you enjoy taking in the wild life scenery who cares if you catch Or not. It's the robin sat on your Bait pot next to you or the king Fisher sitting on your Rod, the creeping mist the early morning boaters waving back at you as they go past. :) the reasons why I love fishing it gets me out doors all weather's,whever waiting for a screamer or trotting a worm it's all fishing.:) it's nice that so many of you have an interest in such a great passtime even if most arnt over keen on the tv stars.

Amen.

My main point was that that programme , like a lot of tv today is a lot of bugger all. Very little happens and what does is replayed over and over again, lots of night vision and whispering which normally results in.......yes, bugger all.
As for having to catch "monsters" to make fishing exciting, well if that's what it boiled down to I'd jack it in.
the bit about the night vision has almost made my wife and I wet ourselves with lafter:) I almost packed it in but...............someone kindly robbed my shed taking my delkims Harrison's etc which I never replaced. I still fish but I'm not falling into the tackle trap. I say now the kits designed to catch the angler not the fish.:)

Oh yes:) I work in an office all week, I'll think nothing of getting up at 5.30 on a Sunday morning drive for an hour in sub zero temperatures to watch the mist roll off the lakes at Viaducts in the Cary valley, I'll try and be the first one there, the paths have frost in the ground as I slowly take a walk round one of the lakes taking in the dawning day, its awesome;) the lake can be like a mill pond, spotting where the fish may be schoaled up planning my day ahead depending where I might draw:)
Breakfast next and the banter begins, the fishing is just a part of my day

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

Back