• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ians Aqua oak 350

After a crazy day and a horrible mess of Jbl substrate! And removing it from my tank! The tank now looks like this! Any thoughts?! The discus love it and have coloured up again already! Sorry the picture is a bit cloudy! But it's taken me and the misses all day! Custom made intakes and back spray bar and two ehiem 2080filters later! Although we did snap one of the intake taps so running just the one filter until the New part comes!!
yqu4egeh.jpg

Really nice hardscape there Ian!:) It should look really nice when the plants grow up between the rocks. My only suggestion would be to pile in plants at the back to make a nice background of foliage! Other than that, it looks brilliant! Well done mate.:D

Well after nearly all the plants dying I have taken out the rather rubbish tetra complete substrate and will be just using sand and root balls/tabs thought while I was at it that I might aswell have a go at another scape also.... What do u think??

3y3uvugy.jpg

gagu9e7y.jpg

Attachments

• 3y3uvugy.jpg
    3y3uvugy.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 78
  • gagu9e7y.jpg
    gagu9e7y.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
New plant list..
Alternanthera reineckii 'Mini'
Microsorium pteropus windelov
Eusteralis stellata
Hygrophila pinnatifida
Hygrophila polysperma
Alternanthera lilacina
Bacopa compacta
Echinodorus tenellus
Staurogyne repens
java moss
moss balls... after seeing what i think was moss balls- in pets at home stockports massive tank attached to some wood.

what do you think i do have co2 and will be using EI ferts on pumps when i can afford the pumps for now ill be dosing manually :)

Love how your trying to replicate some sort of biotope. How did you fix the branches on? Suction cup?
Would you consider doing the other side & ramping the substrate somewhat from the center out over to give a Stream-like feel?

Cheers,
N

A little cloudy but u get the idea :)

ahatabuq.jpg

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ahatabuq.jpg
    ahatabuq.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Back