• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cheapest way to add pressurised Co2?

ale36

as the title says i want to add pressurised Co2 to my 35L tank but ideally i would like it done in the cheapest/least expensive way as possible.

how much did you Scrounge with your Co2 set up?
i'm not sure where to start I have had a look at the DIY section, I do have a full 2kg FE but think this might be too big and wouldn't have any where to hide it, how long would a disposable 500g welding gas canister last for a 35l tank?

I run a 2kg fire extinguisher on my 30l and its lasted well upto now I would expect around 12 months from it :) theres a few people who use the 500g and can last a few months but its kind of an impossible question to answer as it will all depend on your bubble size, bubble rate and so on,

As you already have to fire extinguisher using that will be your cheapest option

Mark

Thanks mark, might have a look at Co2Art once i get paid and get a reg, difuser and some tubing, do the reg fit straight into the FE nozzle or do you need an adapter for the thread?

Aslong as its din 477 then yes it will fit, im going to use pub gas bottles on my tank as there silly cheap :)

Yep thats the right one mark. Its din 477 no6 a metric conversion of the old imperial bsp 14 threads per inch. Its the same as the japanese industry standard 22mm co2 thread, I dont know why they didnt use a metric pitch too. The american is a cga thread which doesn't fit but you can buy adaptors to make american regs fit on uk cylinders and vice versa, its just much harder to find one type than the other. I found both and posted this thread
Paintball tank to co2 reg? | UK Aquatic Plant Society
Andy

Back