• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

I have 2 Kind algae

ZAID

Seedling
Tank specifications - size/240 litres. size 100 cm x 50 cm x 50 cm
Lighting - Marineland LED Lighting System 10,000 K 2610 Lumens
1 Watt One LEDs = all this 42 LED s
- Daily photoperiod. 8 hours

CO2 - Pressurised
Before turning off lights is measured CO2 is 23 ppm

light 1:00 pm - 9 pm
Co2 1:00 pm _ 6:00 pm
Aeration O2 9:00 pm - 8:00 am

Filtration - Filter/LPH rating.
Eheim 2073 Professional 3 350 Filter
  • For Tank litre: 350 ltr
  • Pump Output: 1050 ptr
I have 3 discus is big and 7 discus small and 25 neon tetra and 6 Kuhli loach and one cory catfish
I have many plants
and I start this Aquarium on 20/8/2013
I change water 3 time in week I change 50 liters at a time
I feed fish 2 time it can eat that Within 5 minutes
I use API® Tropical Flake
and I use Flourish seachem once per week ، 5 ml
I use Algae Control tetra

My problem is brown algae and I see hair green on the leaf
could tiling me about the solution

8Cvr1.jpg

5UCv4.jpg

pBroq.jpg

Hi ZAID,

how are you ? welcome to the forum.
your two algae are CO2 Light and flow related mate.

CO2 must be on before lights ON that is very important. Because plants start their process as soon as the light is on. The first hours of the photoperiod is very important, so it is during these first hours that CO2 need to be at optimum. Try to turn it on at least 1 hour before light on to achieve a better concentration before light on. I suggest you to do that on a sunday when you are at home for a full day to have an eye on your fish, to be sure that this change want harm them.

An other advice would be to reduce a bit your light instead of increasing your CO2, because your CO2 is not at a good level for the amount of light you have. I don't how is your set up, but to do that you can raise your light a bit from the water surface, or if you have a controller on your LED unit just reduce intensity. An other way would be to place a sheet of something between water and light that would reduce intensity. Some thing that can help also during your algae invasion is turning off light at 8 PM instead of 9 PM, or even before. If you turn off light at 8 pm no need to change the time of CO2 off, but if you turn it off a 7 pm than change you CO2 off at 5 PM, it will help your fish.

Your filter seem to be good and enough for the size of the tank, but maybe outlet filter is not well place. try to play with outlet position to see if flow can be improve. Flow is very very important for CO2 and nutrient distribution.
95% of algae is due to C02,FLOW and LIGHT management that is not adequate.

Note that all changes will not make an direct effect you need at least 2 or 3 weeks to see a start of change.
I am not an expert at all on this forum, but I think that these advices are good. It would be great also if some one that have large fish like your (discus or angel) could give you advices. I have never have big fish in a CO2 enriched tank. All CO2 changes must be done when you are there and by having an eye on your fish behavior.

Hope this will help.
Have a good battle

cheers
Zanguli

Reactions: tim
Thinks RossMartin and Zanguli
I'm going to implement your advice after two weeks I'll tell you what will happen
Thinks again
ZAID

Back