• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Just doing the fill test and trying out all 4 tiles at 70 percent brightness. They really are bright at 100%.
Its taken over an hour to fill to this level.....and ill have to drain it tomorrow :(

BNt06mR.jpg

ill be glad when I can put on the panels And attach the light arms

If it takes over 2 hours to fill... you may be able to get it upto 25 degrees for Christmas.. :lol:

LOLS
hope you have a few spare heaters.

Im looking forward to the pics of your foraged rocks................ .;)

LOLS
hope you have a few spare heaters.

Im looking forward to the pics of your foraged rocks................ .;)
Yep... 2 eheim jager 300s and fluval e300 heaters. Ill be keeping a acrylic top on during winter which will help with keeping evaporation to a minimum.
Ill get some shots of the rocks ive found plus the 40kg of petrified wood (think I got too much ha)

If I get my heaters back off a certain women you could have them if needed also why has there been no images of said stones :p

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Doubt youll be getting anything back stu. Im sorted on the heater front anyway.

Another addition to what's going on the tank too

etajyjur.jpg

Just catching up on your journal from a couple of weeks ago and all I can say it wow! How many filters are you using and what are your ideas for flow patterns?

Hiya mate.
The set ups been delayed by a couple of weeks but filtration is just going to be one of the 2080 and the fx6 on this tank. Im going to have or try to make an acryclic outlet for the fx6 which will get rid of the awkward twin outlet and soften the flow a little. Ive already managed to come up with a clear inlet strainer for the fx6 which will help to put foam over to stop babies getting sucked up.
Ill have this blowing across and down from back right to left and then the lily outlet of the 2080 from front left to right which will be much gentler. Ill be removing some of the media from the 2080 too so overall turnover is improved.
I want as much turn over but as soft a flow as possible for the fish but enough to keep the water clear. :)

You could do a full length spraybar with really big holes or a slot cut the length of it? Or would that turn it into a jacuzzi?

Hiya mate.
The set ups been delayed by a couple of weeks but filtration is just going to be one of the 2080 and the fx6 on this tank. Im going to have or try to make an acryclic outlet for the fx6 which will get rid of the awkward twin outlet and soften the flow a little. Ive already managed to come up with a clear inlet strainer for the fx6 which will help to put foam over to stop babies getting sucked up.
Ill have this blowing across and down from back right to left and then the lily outlet of the 2080 from front left to right which will be much gentler. Ill be removing some of the media from the 2080 too so overall turnover is improved.
I want as much turn over but as soft a flow as possible for the fish but enough to keep the water clear. :)

Get pics etc of your DIY ventures aswell. If anyone can do these things you da man!

You could do a full length spraybar with really big holes or a slot cut the length of it? Or would that turn it into a jacuzzi?
I did think of a spray bar but the wood being so long would interfere with the flow from front to back. I think if I just have outlets/lily pipes it will look less cluttered. ....I hope ha

Get pics etc of your DIY ventures aswell. If anyone can do these things you da man!

Yeah for sure mate. Ill do a photo guide when it comes to bending an outlet for it.... im guessing about 5 attempts ha ha

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Thats cos there isn't any plants or wood to give depth and perspective ;)

Ha yeah I know but if you look at the picture above and below water, the below only looks about 30cm from back to front lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Back