• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Woody pics. Manzanita order arrived!

Conger

My manzanita order from Tom Barr arrived at long last. Customs delayed it a while, but it's here in one piece. I thought those placing an order separately on the other thread might be interested to see what you get in a typical shipment box. I have to say, the box was crammed and I'm very pleased with what I have. All I need now is my tank so I can start using it and work out which bits I need!
NOElg6v.jpg

It's going to be tough choosing what I use because all the bits are lovely!

I picked three pieces, and then told him I'd like more of the same type or other bits where the grain twists round the trunk and said I'd trust his choices as I knew he'd done well for other UKAPS members... And I'm pleased with his choices I suppose!

$250 - whatever that is in £, probably near £150, although customs did bum me for an extra £20 import duty....

Hi Conger,

Been trying to source some cool pieces of Manzanita wood. Could you tell me how I ca get in touch with Tom Bar.

Best regards

1619468560169.jpeg

I’m really keen to get some of this stuff like this.
I’m dead picky - so trusting one of the uk shops to pick out a few pieces for probably £60-£100 is too much for me (and no aqua scaling dojo places nearby) when I can get a box like that for maybe £200.

many idea how. I have messaged Plantbrain but no reply and he has not been on ukaps since 2019. I tried to sign up to the Barr report forums but it says no longer accepting new people.

many idea how I would have a shot at getting in touch with him?

many thanks in advance
Paul

Try aquarium gardens, I am sure they will help you out, I have ordered manzi from them (I just needed some random pieces) and they were great pieces.

Riverwood aquatics also has a pick your own section with pics of the individual pieces.

Try aquarium gardens, I am sure they will help you out, I have ordered manzi from them (I just needed some random pieces) and they were great pieces.

Riverwood aquatics also has a pick your own section with pics of the individual pieces.

thanks - AG is sold out atm;
Riverwood looks promising though - hopefully he will update his pics soon as only a few of the individual pieces left. But promising start for my control freak ocd nature!

thanks - AG is sold out atm;
Riverwood looks promising though - hopefully he will update his pics soon as only a few of the individual pieces left. But promising start for my control freak ocd nature!
Horizon Aquatics also have some if you have no luck.

Back