• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tropica Plants

Samuran

Hey

Where's the best place online to get Tropica plants?

I could get some from my local P@H but I wont because they are in a really terrible condition...

Cheers

Don't know if there's a Dobbies in Cornwall these days? They and P@H tend to be cheapest but the plants deteriorate quickly. You could ask when they get their deliveries and go in the day after.

Birstall do good rates for packs of 5 online, or if you're mixing and matching then the standard response is that both the sponsors (the green machine and aqua essentials) provide very good service.

i just ordered from aqua essentials and the plants were terrific. Ludwigia Repens Rubin, Hygrophilia corymbosa Thailand, Marsilea Crenata and an Anubias Nana (that was 2.99 special offer... chuffed) all arrived the following morning and look pretty damn fantastic.

I would ask P@H what days they get their plant deliveries in so you can pounce on them before they have time to deteriorate..

I popped into the Plymouth P@H today and there selection was much better. They also told me that any store should be able to order any tropica plants in, so I'm going to pop into my local one and make an order. They had some mother plants in (ordered for someone else) they looked so good.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Not from plymouth but have family down that way, i popped into the P@H when i was last down there. Thats the one just off Exeter street yeah? I thought their plants didnt look too bad but i was dissapointed in the information that the fish guy was giving to other customers about plants, stock and general maintenance.

Have you tried Emporer Tropicals in Mannadon? im not sure if they do Tropica plants but ive always been impressed when i go in there and theyve got a really lush HC carpet in one of their display tanks. They clearly look after their plants.

Thats the one just off Exeter street yeah?

Yeah that's the one mate. Don't get me wrong, everything else about the place sucked but I tend to expect that in P@H now. You could tell which plant's had been sat there for a while.

Nope not been there yet, will give it a look next time I'm up that way :)|

ET was voted 8th best LFS in the UK by PFK Mag and the best in Devon/Cornwall... its small but definitely worth the look, nice range of trops, colds and marines. Its opposite the Morrisons on Outlands Road.

Well I ended up ordering yesterday morning (at about 9am) from the green machine.... I've got my fingers crossed it'll come today but I've got a sneaking suspicion that it wont :(

Back