• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Removing limescale from filled tank

omen

Hi guys, I recently bought a second hand Rio 180 that had been sitting in a garage for a couple of years. Got it all nicely cleaned, scaped and filled. However I then realised that there is limescale all over the glass giving a cloudy look to the tank. I've attacked it with scrubbers and razor blades, but it just doesn't appear to be shifting. I've put quite a steep slope in the tank, so am unwilling to drain it, as my nice slope will end up all over the show. Normally I would use vinegar and razor blades at water line limescale. Any genius ideas as to how I can remove the limescale with tank water in situ?

I can't think of any way you could do that other than what you have already tried :(
I usually use Gel Kilrock to clean empty tanks and water line limescale as it's brilliant for that but it wouldn't be any good for a filled tank.

I can't think of anything other than perseverance that will help you, I'm afraid.

Back