• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Opinions on this led unit please

There doesn't seem to be any info on colour temp only that it has blue and white light, so I'm not sure if t'll give you a very pleasing colour rendition by which to view plants and fish. I'd be more inclined to give one of the UP PRO plant LEDs a go which are in a similar price bracket...Lighting

Reactions: tim
Ive seen someone on an American planted tank site using one I think it was the 50cm version if you type into google boyu led 03-60 theres lots of links to marine tanks using these so my guess would be colour wise it probably leans more towards marine type spectrums, not very helpful I know sorry tim

I have seen some of the up Aqua LEDs over on the bay, also considering a unit for my tank.

Posted from the comfort of my iPhone...

I might suggest an LED solution from TMC? for a 60x20x20 you may even get away with one or perhaps two of their smaller tiles, I have a TMC mini 500 tile, with white lighting and blue as a night light and it is fantastic. I also use TMC grobeams and can't fault them, the mounting solutions are numerous and although initial costs can be off-putting, you are getting a great light that is low energy consumption, guaranteed for 5 years, meant to last for 10 and gives a wonderful shimmer effect. Or you could spend half the money and get a piece of junk from China.
check out: AquaRay (TMC) MiniLED 500 Solid State Lighting Tile

Total overkill.

Oops :lol:

Didn't realise it was a shallow.
Must slow down.
Must slow down.
Must slow down.

Yeah, I recommend, unless you like your fish Grilled, not to purchase this unit.

As you were!

Will the TMC tile put out enough light at the edges of his tank if it has to sit directly on top?
All the best from Bill. :D

Back