• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Roots to Success

Hi Westy,
moss, ferns and stauro looking superb, and as said, some of those shrimp photos are great!
Cheerio,
Ady.

I like the tank mate. How do you get your staurogyne to grow so well? I'm not having much joy with mine.

Hi planty, not sure mate I've never really had much trouble growing this plant. It's like a weed in my tank!

hematu2a.jpg

uvy2azu7.jpg

jevasata.jpg

guva9ure.jpg

9atebe6u.jpg

Cheers Nath, no growth was great but I stopped dosing my ferts stupidly and lost 90% of the staurgyne repens so it's just recovered now! The java fern grows like wild fire I have to cut once a month.

I actually stopped dosing on purpose as I didn't notice any difference in plant health for about 3-4 weeks.

But I didn't know the roots were being damaged because of this, I dose 6 squirts of macro and micro on alternate days bar 1 day prior to water changing day. I used to use dry ferts but for ease I find tropica work better for me and my plants look lusher.

I actually stopped dosing on purpose as I didn't notice any difference in plant health for about 3-4 weeks.

But I didn't know the roots were being damaged because of this, I dose 6 squirts of macro and micro on alternate days bar 1 day prior to water changing day. I used to use dry ferts but for ease I find tropica work better for me and my plants look lusher.

6 squirts a day..... go you ha ha ;)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

I tell you what. I use dry ferts and I'm dosing about 4 times the recommended dosage and I'm still loosing plants. I've been thinking its co2 issues for ages in my big tank, but I have a smaller tank with 13 times turnover and a lime green drop checker and Ive been loosing leaves on my Stauro.

I'm going to use the tropica ferts and if everything starts growing like mad then I'm going to be throwing my dry ferts in the bin.

I tell you what. I use dry ferts and I'm dosing about 4 times the recommended dosage and I'm still loosing plants. I've been thinking its co2 issues for ages in my big tank, but I have a smaller tank with 13 times turnover and a lime green drop checker and Ive been loosing leaves on my Stauro.

I'm going to use the tropica ferts and if everything starts growing like mad then I'm going to be throwing my dry ferts in the bin.
Don't bin em mate post them to me ;)

Back