• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

30 seconds to dusk - new scape

zico_aqua

Hi All,

Been a while I did a new tank at home, work life has got me traveling a lot across the country. But with pressure from my fiance to make a new tank for next year's contest..I had to make one :p Any way it's a random idea that came to my mind and this is what I scaped, there will be few minor changes later but as of now this is the skeleton of the scape which is 100% done at the moment. The reason behind the name is I will try an' mimic the lighting condition during final photo.

Bit of specs -

Scape Name: 30 seconds to dusk [two reason for such a scape name - 1) I completed the basic hardscape around evening time 2) lighting plan while photography is supposed to be of the idea I shared]
Specs:
Tank - 24X15X15 inch
Substrate - Old contro mixed with bit DIY
Rocks - Red Laterite
Wood - to be used is a mixture of tulsi and an unknown wood I found near bannerghata national park
filter - Ehiem 2213 + sunsun HOB 301 + small internal pump for additional circulation.
light - Aquazonic 4*24W T5HO, will change two 12000K lamps to 6500K for the mellowed look
ferts - Soil Care series
Flora - (planned upto now) - Fissiden fontanus, HC 'cuba', Vesicularia ferriei, HM, Rotala roundifiola red, Anubias nana 'mico'/'petit', Microsorum pteropus 'Dwarf', dwarf India 'erio' and some E. Parvula/accularis.
Fauna - Might bring a few Laubuca dadiburjori and few C. Latius as algae eaters

Had started with DSM of the riccardia for 3 weeks post which things were planted on first week of november. So enough delays i'll let you guys see the pic now

Pic 1: Base rocks being lined up

1235255_10151685515091794_1933352114_n-jpg.6383.jpg

Pic 2:
The DIY (base skeletal done by a very close friend) wood added along with the cosmetic sand.
small-jpg.6384.jpg

Pic 3: tank planted, stems will take a while to pop from the back..nuking the tank with co2 at the moment
3ege2uga.jpg

I don't think your scape is bad, mate. I think your tank needs some time to develop more plant mass to read your idea more cleary. That artifical tree is very nice, and it's a bit scary. I wonder what's your intent here: iwagumi? landscape imitation?
That big rock (cliff?) at left has a very vertical wall. It looks a bit odd for me IMO. Do you plan to hide that wall behind some kind of stem plants?

This is a great little scape, the rock layouts are superb - if it were me i'd be tempted to to carpet the whole front area and then keep the moss on the rocks short and tight, to pull the green area into the height at the rear. that way you will have more plant mass and set the stunning rock rock off even more. Only my opinion though :woot:

I really like the rock and the style of the layout. I would probably prefer a light/white background though.

First - Thank you guys..!!

@pmgsr - The tree is supposed to have weeping moss on it which I did not get my hands on yet, and that's also the supposed focal point - I know it won't look that good at the moment as it's kind-of a minimalistic bonsai inspired scape, there is quite a bit of stems at the back which have been planted really tiny bits so once it pop's up you can have a generalized idea of what the idea is.

@samuran - It's simple red laterite rocks collected from roadside, they are abundantly lying around here in Bangalore,India :)

@Alexander - The idea is kinda like - the tree of life - If you can imagine what I mean. True, the tank is not even one week old and I reckon it needs atleast two months to properly give the idea of what i'm trying to portray out here. The side rock is kindof the demarcation from where the stems will start to pop at the back. in the middle part of the rock I intend to grow some anubias and if I get time some clado covered rocks just to give it the seamless flow on to the sand - nice point though - something I should think about a bit more - thanks.

@gary - that was my initial plan too..but then I thought I have grown enough carpets might as well use more sand this time..hehehe :)

@Idcgroomer - The tank has no background at the moment..hehehe..that at the back is the curtains of the window :p I only put a BG during photoshoots :)

Hi Zico, the rock scaping looks great! The tree doesn't do it for me, but this is personal preference. The scape looks almost marine like. Nice.

Back