• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

"Nature's Envy" Chilli Rasbora Pics

Very good journal and scape' . you must be happy with it.

Reactions: AJB
Try ISO 1600, f4 or 5, and a much faster shutter speed - probably 1/100 or faster.

This way you'll be able to shoot faster moving objects, handheld with no risk of camera shake.

The larger aperture (f/5 is much bigger than f/8) will also throw the background more out of focus (known as 'bokeh'), which allows the subject you're focusing on to really 'pop'.

One of the biggest tricks in photography is to draw the attention of whatever subject you're shooting to the viewer with the least distraction. This is where composition also is essential. For instance have the fish positioned in the frame in accordance with the rule of thirds or golden ratio.

Most modern DSLR can handle ISO 1600 with virtually no noise, especially for web-sized images.

Have fun! :)

Edit - when you're shooting FTS it's usually a good idea to use a smaller aperture (f/11 or so), as the depth of field (how much of the scene is in focus from fore to background) preferred is larger so all of the tank is in focus.

The downfall to this is less light is hitting the camera sensor so you need to compensate with slower shutter speed and/or higher ISO.

This is why many photogs use extra light above the tank. This way they can shoot small aperture (max depth of field) with fast shutter speed (to freeze fish movement), and low ISO (for max image quality).

Edit - when you're shooting FTS it's usually a good idea to use a smaller aperture (f/11 or so), as the depth of field (how much of the scene is in focus from fore to background) preferred is larger so all of the tank is in focus.

The downfall to this is less light is hitting the camera sensor so you need to compensate with slower shutter speed and/or higher ISO.

This is why many photogs use extra light above the tank. This way they can shoot small aperture (max depth of field) with fast shutter speed (to freeze fish movement), and low ISO (for max image quality).
Thanks for that i shall put these to the test and see what i come up with :)

Looking GOOD dude. Really really nice. I would put some ludwigia back there. nothing too vibrant but add a little red without taking focus.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Back