• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

PMDD

You will know how much of the PO4 to dose because you will mix 500ml of DI with the quantity of KH2PO4 that James mixes into his macro mix. Then dose the same quantity of this as the macro mix.

The question really is that if the PMDD mix is 1 part KNO3, 1 part K2SO4, 1 part MGSO4, 1 part CSM+B then the mix is not correct as you dont use an equal weight of each in the mix.

I guess that they have weighed out the individual powders before mixing and that they dont really mean that they are in equal quantities.

I would just mix up their powder as they suggest in whatever water quantity and then add it as they state. then dose the KH2PO4 solution at 4ml per day.

AC

SuperColey1 said:
You will know how much of the PO4 to dose because you will mix 500ml of DI with the quantity of KH2PO4 that James mixes into his macro mix. Then dose the same quantity of this as the macro mix.

The question really is that if the PMDD mix is 1 part KNO3, 1 part K2SO4, 1 part MGSO4, 1 part CSM+B then the mix is not correct as you dont use an equal weight of each in the mix.

I guess that they have weighed out the individual powders before mixing and that they dont really mean that they are in equal quantities.

I would just mix up their powder as they suggest in whatever water quantity and then add it as they state. then dose the KH2PO4 solution at 4ml per day.

AC

4ml per day per gallon or just 4 ml per day total in my 125 gallon tank?

I cannot wait until I get a better understanding of all of this. Still confusing as all get out!

What I am saying is that with the powder that you already have, mix it and dose it as suggested by whoever you bought it from and hope that it supplies enough of each nutrient.

Then mix up 500ml of water with the quantity of KH2PO4 suggested in JamesCs recipe and dose 4ml total per day.

Next time you buy it will be easier because you will buy all the items seperate and make 1 solution for the macros (NPK+Mg) and 1 solution for the micros (CSM+B)

AC

SuperColey1 said:
What I am saying is that with the powder that you already have, mix it and dose it as suggested by whoever you bought it from and hope that it supplies enough of each nutrient.

Then mix up 500ml of water with the quantity of KH2PO4 suggested in JamesCs recipe and dose 4ml total per day.

Next time you buy it will be easier because you will buy all the items seperate and make 1 solution for the macros (NPK+Mg) and 1 solution for the micros (CSM+B)

AC

Excellent. 4ml per days sounds like a very little amount, but I am game for anything. I appreciate everyone's patience with me, I am trying to figure this out and do it all right. For some reason I am struggling with a lot of this. I will keep reading it all though. :)

It may seem a small amount but with our size tank and WPG it will be a slight excess. You wont go defficient but equally you wont be dosing as high as EI. If working it out properly we would be dosing a bit less than 2ml in comparison to JamesCs high light!

The target ppm of phosphate is alot less than the others to the point that you will only be adding 1.5g to 500ml and this will last for 125 days. alternatively if you have some good digital scales you can always mix smaller quantities i.e. 0.3g to 100ml and still dose the same. Just means you have less premixed etc.

AC

Back