• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA Solar 1

nybraby

Looking for some advice. When i moved back from the US I cam home with an ADA Solar 1 which I'm looking to start using again. (pictures attached)

I have the Ballast from the US but wondered if this can be run straight from a UK power socket or would it need a Ballast purchased in UK.

I understand I would need a Tridonic 150w HQI Ballast but I'm completely confused what a suitable one would be.

zhrv.jpg
5hpo.jpg

We're using this one: Tridonic Atco OM PAK 150 M A113 230/240V
Maybe they have a different serial number for UK socket. Above one is the schuko type / german eu one.

The one you have is ok only for Japanese and the US area i guess.

Thanks for that very helpful, I can't find the M A113 but have found a B113, I've swapped a few mails with them and they are looking into it for me.

Thanks Tony, I have spoken to a few lighting places now and they all give different advice, didn't know there was so many places selling Ballasts.

I have one final question, one of the places I spoke two recomended a Ventronic VYC150255 Electronic Ballast For 150W instead of the above, this looks a lot smaller and neater but completely different to the ballast above and iIts also cheaper !

As you can tell I know less than zero on this stuff !

Thanks Viktor, I ordered that one as it looks better than the huge black brick, will let you know how it goes...

It's been a while and thought I'd update on how this worked out, thought it might be useful for others at some point.

The Ventronic VYC150255 Electronic Ballast turned up and was easy to connect even for a complete idiot like me, the unit is pretty small and is now screwed to the inside of my cabinet.

So I have my NA Tank, Stand, my Light working and now i just need to plan what I put into the tank, time to create a journal I think.

Back