• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Getting rid of the lid.

dan4x4

Hi, I have a small planted aquarium, its a juwel, you know the type with the black hood with 1 light in it. I want to get rid of this lid. Among one of the many tasks I have set myself I am looking to get ris of this rid. I have already bought a full spectrum LED light strip but I want to make a stand for it.

I have around on google but just trailing through links that are of no use. The tank is on a stand which is pretty low in the front room so I don't want to hang the light from the ceiling. I could easily make one out of wood but aesthetically itll be crap.

I had another tank a while back and I drilled the light into the lid. The light itself is a Aqua Ray Aqua Gro Grobeam 600 Natural Daylight Single.
Aqua Ray Aqua Gro Grobeam 600 Natural Daylight Single

Feedback welcome. Ideally im looking for pictures of how you have worked around this. Ideally I want a glass or Perspex stand. Would also go for something metal or even plastic and then paint it gloss black.

Have a look in the DIY section mate, lots of informative threads in there :)

On a side note, do you have a controller for the aqua ray? The only reason I ask is that I know some people use the tiles (without controllers) and find them too bright so have to raise them higher above the tank.

I don't, it doesn't appear to be able to take one either, Im going to have a look online though still, see what i come across. thanks :)

Back