• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Odd growth on bogwood

Other informed opinion from tropica.dk
Thanks for your mail and the videos. This is much better. I have, once again, shown the videos to one of our aquascapers. He doesn’t think it’s a plant but rather some kind of cnidariae – an animal species found in aquatic or marine environments. It may be a so-called hydra (within the cnidariae species). Apparently, it sometimes happens that these animals get into an aquarium if, for instance, the fish have been feed with alive food. Of course this is just a possible explanation and all very theoretic but none the less very interesting.

I can get a microscope though it may be a couple of days...

Hi all,
Alan's photo (from Tom's linked in post) is here, we think that your plant is this grown out:
khkSj0M.png

cheers Darrel

Hi all,
Alan's photo (from Tom's linked in post) is here, we think that your plant is this grown out:
khkSj0M.png

cheers Darrel
Ah yes dw1305. I'm well impressed! Can you identify? I see it emerging elswhere in my tank and now how do I trim / maintain this ?

Back