• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cat litter and Moler clay grain sizes

Dominic

Hi, i was just wondering, which has a finer grain? Tescos cat litter or Fine Moler clay from kaizen bonsai? If anyone has any images with something to put into proportion that would be great :)

This is the best I could manage with my phone. It's the Kaizen Bonsai Moler Clay, fine grade:

20131115_122907_zps2fd7b907.jpg

I personally think it's the perfect size for planting in, and has a lovely, natural colour once mature.

Thank you henry! If someone could take the exact same picture but with tesco cat litter that would be perfect ;) haha :p

I think the Tesco stuff is virtually the same size. Depending on availability and price, either would be suitable. The cat litter is scented, so will need more rinsing than the plain clay.

Haha yeah i couldnt be bothered to get the moler clay delivered for 7 quid where i can get two extra bags of cat litter for that price haha. Thanks though dude :)

Then surely the grain size is a moot point? The sack of clay I got was very reasonablly priced, even after postage. If you're using a large amount, I'd get the moler clay, otherwise you'll be rinsing for weeks!

Reactions: tim
Haha alright thanks, is the cat perfume strong then? Haha, and also, how many litres of clay/litter do you think i would need for a 48 by 18 tank? a 2-3 inch covering?

30-40 litres mines the same foot print and 30 litres wasnt enough for what I was trying to achieve.

Hmmm, methinks i should buy one bag of the 30l fine grain moler clay, and one bag of the 10l cat litter, and use the cat litter underneath the moler clay haha :)

Back