• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
girls-in-chocolate.jpg
why am i thinking of this?

BOOOOOM!!!

Looking great mate. :)

Let's not underestimate the challenges you've experienced getting to this point. But you've risen to them, and beyond. The hardscape layout looks perfectly balanced already and will only get better once the tank is full and the plants start to grow in.

This is going to be a true aquarium plant paradise where flora and fauna will absolutely thrive in the most beautiful of environments.

Brilliant.

Looking awesome, to add even more to the sense of depth that you have, have you thought about moving the substrate away from the front panel and corners then levelling it off? I find this lets your eyes "into" the scape easier, and will let you follow the wood in left corner into the "mound" even more dramatically, you'll get more apparent height too. Just a thought mind, you're the boss!....:)

Looking awesome, to add even more to the sense of depth that you have, have you thought about moving the substrate away from the front panel and corners then levelling it off? I find this lets your eyes "into" the scape easier, and will let you follow the wood in left corner into the "mound" even more dramatically, you'll get more apparent height too. Just a thought mind, you're the boss!....:)
Hope Al dont mind me replying to this message... if you look close the sides go up past the tank base so when you see the full front shot you dont see much if any gravel.

Peace out

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Hope Al dont mind me replying to this message... if you look close the sides go up past the tank base so when you see the full front shot you dont see much if any gravel.

Peace out

aw yeh...gonna look so good!

Looking good Alastair! Looking forward to future updates. :)
thanks Andy. Ill be taking weekly photos to update.
I'm surprised the wood floated...major bummer but I think you have earned a good couple days sleep now ;)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
I was too ali. I think the main problem was that the wood was sat out in the air in the tank for 2 days and the thinner parts had begun to dry out despite misting them and I think it was these that caused the whole lot to shift. Good job I over ordered on the petrified wood which is holding it all down.
Thanks mate ive slept like a log.
Lovely jubbly! Can't wait to see more
cheers buddy. Itll be nice to get some fts when the water has cleared more but ill be posting up photos later today.

Alastair that's looking brilliant. Great sense of depth and the wood looks really natural - much better than the layouts on the carpet! Will get some ferns off to you tomorrow.

Enjoy your sleep tonight!

Thanks millions mate. I was worried how this would turn out but the wood kind of fell into place. Just the one piece that comes up and out the top had us "STUMPED" for a while as it just wouldnt look right. Took about an hour before it was settled in it spot. The massive brace bars didnt help. Im trying to get it clear to take some photos. It was crystal before the wood floated.

Looking Great alistair mate. Bet your Knackered!
Wheres the tank situated? cos condensation off that bad boy will probably turn said room into a tropical jungle. :lol:
Thanks nath. Yeah im knackered mate. Total lack of sleep coupled with basically having to plant the tank twice was a bit frustrating but like I tell people nothing is ever straight forward for me.
Condensation??? Its more like a waterfall mate. Ive got the dehumidifier on over night and just ordered two pieces of acrylic sheet to place over the top for during the winter.

Lol, its great! You must be chuffed. :)

Does the guy who sold you the wood still sell it or was that a lucky one off? Ive been asking Tom for Tree stumps to complement the two I got or even a fallen one...

Is that gravel or sand... unipac stuff?

Hiya Sanj
Im over the moon. It really has turned out far better than I thought. Id have seriously struggled with this on my own so hats off to you for setting yours up alone sanj. It would have taken me ages to do. Get in get out get in get out. No thanks. You should see a couple of the photos I look like amano bossing one of his pa's about on where to place things.
I got the wood from 2 seperate people. Do you mean the big oak piece of the other stuff. The other stuff she has a garage full to the roof with wood. Ill pm you sanj.

Its Unipac Samoa fine sand but really just small grains of gravel. I love the stuff.
looking good Alistair love the layout and the wood looks great real sense of depth looking forward to more pics ;)

Cheers dean

Cheers Dean I appreciate your kind words. Im excited about this tank alot.
Pics of the planting etc ill pop up shortly but full tank shot I cant take yet as its cloudy.
After all the drama, finally getting there :) - cracking mate, well done!
I know ha ha. Thanks so much mate ;). Its certainly done me proud. Im very happy with this.

How much is the substrate sloped up at the rear? Cant quite make it out :) Maybe if you get 5 mins, take a shot of the side view? Pretty please?
Hi jojo.
Yep ive got some pics on the camera ill pop up this evening. At the back right corner its 28 cm high :) with the tmc nutrasoil. Lots of it.

Awesome mate! Nuff said...
Confidence boost right there thank you mate. Really appreciate that thanks Ian :D
Its a beast trust me! Im just hanging my swin suit up......

Fantastic start! Aron I'm surprised you didn't bring your speedos :D

At one point he only wanted hia socks on. I really had to tame him. He was far too excited.

Budgie smugglers... hmm a bit risky, I think there is a young lady about the house.
certainly was sanj, 2 young ladies there was.
Speechless!:clap:
Thanks steve :)
Looks like a Rio 240 to me ;)
I know. .... far too small. Think I need to upgrade to the 400 ;) :lol:
Looking really good Alistair, makes my efforts over the weekend look like a bit of a wet squib.... thanks :p
Lol sorry samuran. Wasnt intentional.
Sprung a leak pal? It was 1400 litres before :lol:

Jokes.

How you doing? Exhausted?
Gosh don't say that mate lol. But no, near the beginning of the thread sanj had worked out it was just short of 1300 and me 1400 but id got the front to back dimension wrong by ten cm.
Really exhausted mate but all refreshed today thanka bud.
That'll be the displacement after one of the bits of wood :D lol
lol yep ha ha

Back