• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Salutations from Scotland

Don636

Seedling
Hello Everyone,

Been lurking away for a while, basically frying my brain with information overload on wide range of subjects on this website, decided was time to post an intro and perhaps ask the odd hundred or so questions in due course.

At present have 28 litre rcs shrimp tank, usual java fern and moss, managing to keep most of everything alive, despite placing rhizome of the fern into the inert substrate, classic mistake.

Also have 55 litre Aquanano which presently has light unit with 3 x 8w boyu bulbs, glass lid below and planted with 2 x bogwood with moss trying its best to grow..also java.fern, anubias, several Cryptocoryne, Bacopta Caroliniana, Hygrophila, and a moss ball. Feeding root tabs to rooted plants and whatever the fishes can manage for rest.

Fishes are some RCS, 6 harlequin rasboras, 5 neon tetra, three cory, two electric blue rams (rams bought as suggested could reside in a 55 litre, but realizing its about 5 gallons too short for them and tank should be more oblong..plan is to upgrade to a 4ft tank. Water temp at 26 - 27.

Previous tank was some years ago...kept it super clean to the point of washing filter pad in tap water once a fortnight... (cringes)

My 24 watts on the nano gives me in region of 2wpg on the 12 gallon, into the low/medium light I think. So far the 55 litre has been running for almost a year, no liquid carbon, no ferts, some slight bba.. but read about spot blasting with liquid carbon.. Lights were on for long.. long hours as tank in daughters bedroom, but recently on timer for 6 hrs only, should assist from what i have been reading. Thinking of a korralia to support the flow to rear of the tank as the java is a fair size now.

Anyways, enough blethering..

Regards.

Welcome to the forum :)
Pleased to see you've been doing some reading. Look forward to seeing your tanks.
Cheerio
Ady

Back