• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

RO under 100 quid?

whitey

Seedling
Hi. Could anybody give me an idea if it's possible to buy "pumped" RO filter under 100 quid. I know that sounds not quite much for the system but the limit is set up by my better half. I already found pumped system on ebay ( 50GPD RO System with Booster Pump and Autoflush | eBay) for 99 quid, just wondering if maybe someone can give me an idea what to avoid what is good to buy? Is that one worth to try? All I need is probably 50l per week for cooking/fish tank.
Any advice welcome
Cheers

Cooking...? :eek:

not come across a pumped unit before, is that to run from a water butt etc?

50 Gal per day seems a fair bit if you only need 50l a week but I can't find any lower output (cheaper) pumped units...

Cooking I mean for tea/coffee as water in my area is sh** I can't really drink tea made of water straight from a tap. Anyway that doesn't stop Water Essex charging some ridiculous money for the sewage they call water. Hardness 18/22 the best I measured was ~14/20. Brita filter is used on a daily basis for all coffee, tea etc... At work (same source) average life span of a kettle is about 8 months...

Is that
Essex has lovely water when you compare it to either Lincoln and Hull!!!
Is that what makes tea taste so good up there:D

Is that what makes tea taste so good up there

I think its the reason why they need to make tea is because the water tastes so bad!
Just drinking a glass of it is like putting on limescale lipstick!

I just moved to grantham, Lincolnshire and the water is today 379 ppm... Tell me about it LOL

To be honest that's not a bad price for a pumped unit, however vyair have some deals on with the storage tanks thrown in for only slightly more than that, but you're still £20-30 quid shy of a pumped unit for most of the prices I've seen.

I saw someone selling some display stock recently, which may have been them as well, but it was long enough ago that I'd doubt it was still available.

My unit is an osmotics one, similar to the one you were looking at, and the company were easy enough to deal with, but I've had little trouble from any of the filter suppliers to be honest.

I'm thinking about buying a second hand VYair 4 stages with DI osmosis system? Is the 100g one. Any advise?

It depends when the filters were last changed.

If the filters need changing, you will spend about £60 on that alone.

Ah, I think aquajardin glos had an ro unit on the reduced rack the other week looked new. You can contact edd on here, it was him who told me about ukaps.

Thinking about it I wonder if my lab manager wouldn't mind me stealing a couple of Liters a week :D

I've just been looking at ponds on preloved, tap in pond into search on preloved, there's two 1200 lph tetratec external filters a 1000 fluidized sand filter and an ro unit for £ 80 ovno offer em 50;). It's in chelt not far from me. If anyone is interested I could collect if it helps anyone:)

Last edited:
I will pick up this Wednesday my second hand RO system I will bring with me my TDS pencil just to verify that is working fine, the bad side of this RO system is that don't have pressure gauge. Is it really important to have the pressure gauge? Or is just a nice to have?

It is pretty important to have one, but you can buy it separately.

Make sure you know when the filters were last changed

purewaterproducts is the only place I go for my RO ;)

Alan knows his stuff and won't flog you something just because its an easy sale.

Hes helped me set up my 2000GPD system for my pond. I have loads of RO water so easily enough for my tank when it comes to water changes :)

Do you need a pump? If the mains pressure is fine, then there is no need for a booster pump .

Also, always auto flush with solenoid, and always OVER do the pre filters, if chlorine gets to the membranes then thats buggered them quicker than you can blink!!

Also, fit an oil dampened pressure gauge, not the air filled/or water filled ;)

Thanks your your reply. Yes I have enough pressure at home..

Back