• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Its looking LUBBERLY!

I got the wood from 2 seperate people. Do you mean the big oak piece of the other stuff. The other stuff she has a garage full to the roof with wood. Ill pm you sanj.

Yes please!

Damn Naggit... you are making me think i need to re-scape... I dont know if I can face it.

TB is sending some wood for my ehem "baby tank" but also some stumps that will hopefully complement the existing ones on the biggy.

BOSH! Absolutely stunning mate. I know how much hard work, time and money you've put in to this and hopefully it now feels worth it.

Massive respect for pulling this one off :clap:

Its looking LUBBERLY!

Yes please!

Damn Naggit... you are making me think i need to re-scape... I dont know if I can face it.

TB is sending some wood for my ehem "baby tank" but also some stumps that will hopefully complement the existing ones on the biggy.

So where is this mysterious lady with her garage full of wood? Can you pm me too? However, Im sure it will be miles and miles away from me!

its a stunner!!! you really have done this justice mate... the hardscape is just right :thumbup: looking forward to seeing more pics too.

Thanks Gary. Its clearing up really well now so will begin adding some corydoras habrosus next week whilst the choccos continue their breeding frenzy in the storage tank.
Im struggling seriously with taking pics on the dslr though. Daytime shots are awesome. Night Time are crap and grainy no matter what I try :(

BOSH! Absolutely stunning mate. I know how much hard work, time and money you've put in to this and hopefully it now feels worth it.

Massive respect for pulling this one off :clap:

Charz matey, thought youd like it from the early pics of the wood youd seen. .really appreciate your comments pal means alot mate really does :D

Definitely feels worth it now. All the set backs are behind me now. Im looking forward to this growing in and becoming a nice equilibrium for both plants and fish. :D

Added a few cherries and ramshorns in today to get chomping on the white fungus type growth that sometimes appears on wood.
Never had it before in any set ups but theyre doing a good job.
4ume4evy.jpg

ry6e7uva.jpg

Having some major crypt melt with the petchi on the far right though. Unusual as its only these affected. Everyone of them is melting away. Arrrrrgh

I had white stuff all over my wood... dont worry its natural.

I think it was there for some weeks eventually went away.

Great stuff thanks Sanj. Ive syphoned as much as possible but its back the day after so ill leave it be.

Ive just been setting up a bigger shrimp tank today and went to pop some more leaves in the gouramis temporary home and noticed one of the females has let her babies go finally.
So im now the proud owner of another bundle of little choccos. Im contemplating leaving them in for a while as theyre all showing breeding behaviour.
It appears ive either got one very dominant colourful male who won't allow the other males to breed or I only have the one male. I figure if I leave them in and just concentrate on getting my small corys and chillis, then ill have more female choccos holding and I can leave them to have some peace and catch the rest to put in the big tank.

Im really gutted about the crypt melt though. They look awful.

Fantastic new setup - like everyone else , looking forward to seeing it develop . Keep the updates ( and pictures) coming !!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dont worry about crypt melt, they nearly always recover in my experiance.
Yes they do your right sanj. Just not as quick in a non co2 tank lol....much much slower. Strange how its mainly the one species.
Any more pics Alistair? :D

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Yes ill get taking some this weekend with the camera now all the rocks keeping the wood down have been removed.
No change look wise though.

Fantastic new setup - like everyone else , looking forward to seeing it develop . Keep the updates ( and pictures) coming !!

Will do richard thanks mate.

Just a quick photo update from my phone. Im seruously struggling to get good shots with my dslr so unfortunately cant put up any crisp shots and my phone squashes in the picture so the tank looks small

11269349095_448c6e7d86_b.jpg
4 weeks after fill. by Mr-T-, on Flickr

Its got a big shoal of corydoras pygmaeus which are stunning little things and all choccos other than some babies are in along with the paros and ottos.
Growth is doing great for 4 weeks barring the major crypt melt which im not happy with so the far right side and slope arw bare and all the crypts along the rear and left are just beggining to appear so doesnt look great.

Im removing the trident fern on the wood at the front too. Its taking focus away and when it grows in fully it'll ruin the look

Im going to trim the trident too as the original leaves are wilting which ive experienced every time in a low tech. Think its due to the not keeping constantly wet during plant up. Its growing rampant though.
A couple of pieces of rock are still in to hold down one floating bit of wood and need to add more plants over the next few weeks.

Running all 4 1500 tiles at 40 percent for 4 hours a day with a ten min ramp up and down and one tile stays at 2 percent through out the the night to create moonlight.

Overall im quite happy so far. Just need to wait until the plants really settle in

Ill be getting some good photo tips this week so can do lots of photos.

Looking good ! I like the patient approach , in the long run you'll certainly benefit .

BTW did you get any more pictures at P@H ?

It looks great mate! Remember on a tank this size it will take a while to settle and adapt... I'd say for its age it's perfect and you are going great guns!
Thanks matey. Im slightly in 2 minds as something doesnt look right to me but cant put my hand on what.

Looking good ! I like the patient approach , in the long run you'll certainly benefit .

BTW did you get any more pictures at P@H ?

Thanks Richard. Have to be extra patient with a tank this big low tech as it obviously takes longer to grow in.

Ill get those pics up.

Back