• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

From Tranquility Island to A Dutch Touch [200L]

First some more before the trimming. :D

tranquility_dutch_2014_16_600.jpg

tranquility_dutch_2014_11_600.jpg

tranquility_dutch_2014_12_600.jpg

Alex, beautiful tank and so many great pictures,stunning:thumbup:

Cheers
Martin

Beautiful tank! I'm really surprised that you have 6x 39W of lighting with CO2 at 2 bps and not getting any algae at all. What is your secret? Your reactor must be really good! My own tank was originally planned to be like yours but its a really bad failure at the moment.

Beautiful tank! I'm really surprised that you have 6x 39W of lighting with CO2 at 2 bps and not getting any algae at all. What is your secret? Your reactor must be really good! My own tank was originally planned to be like yours but its a really bad failure at the moment.
It just seems so unusual!!

flygja, in my quest to raise the plants faster i got to 8 hours a day, but the algae started to show up. So, playing with this much lighting is not easy as i thought.
I also played with high Co2 and high doses of fertilizers and ended up with algae problems.
Now i managed to find a balance between them with only 7 hours a day lighting.
You may also have in mind that these aren't difficult plants to grow (ok, maybe a few of them are :D ), at least not in my book.

foxfish, you are not the first to say that. :)

Ben, glad i could help.

I'm so so amazed at your tank Alex. I still found a balance. And even easy plants like Rotala rotundifolia sp Green don't grow well in my tank. Especially after trimming.

tranquility_dutch_2014_37_900.jpg

tranquility_dutch_2014_38_900.jpg

flygja, i do have a few problems when trimming Rotala macrandra variegated and macrandra green. For example, after the last trimming they look pretty bad and it took almoust a week to see new shoots.
I'm thinking of doing that v-shape in the background just by replanting, thus not loosing the beautiful tops. We'll see how that goes.

Samuran, thanks a lot.

Back