• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Pale/Yellowing new growth

Bertie

Hi,
I seem to have never ending problems. I now have new growth with pale or yellowing of leaves and it is affecting all plants even my Anubias which currently has two new leaves both quite pale to yellow.

I am dosing EI using Aquarium Plant Food recipe with increase in Phosphate to 2 x tsp per mix as I had a bit of GSA which is now gone. I have also just doubled the recipe for Chelated Trace from 1 tsp per 500ml to 2tsp and dosing the tank according to the guide.

My new Red Lotus Tiger lily leaves have also started to get enlarging holes in them. One other thing is that on some of the bottom leaves of plants are coming off as well although I have 2 x 45w T5 so they must be getting enough light I would have thought?

My healthiest and most colourful plant is my Alternanthera cardinalis........at least that is what I think the plant is ;).
I seem to have got through so many plants in the few months that I have tried to grow them.

Sounds deficient in nitrogen and possibly others ( holes in leaves) how much nitrate is in your water?

Nitrate is 40ppm straight from the tap! and I add 4 tsp of potassium nitrate to my 500ml macro mix and I dose 40ml from that 3 x per week.

Same as my tap nitrate. Hmmm. holes can also be co2 related. And you've been poncing with your zookas.... My advice . Give up and run. Run I tell ya !

I have just checked on my water co website and they now state that the highest Nitrate (out of 8 samples) was 28 mmm Yes I may give up ;) but spent so much I fear it would make it even more a waste of money! ;)

Back